Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (Sdet)
Karros Technologies LLC
Austin , TX 78704
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Karros Technologies gets students to school safely and on time.
Karros Technologies tackles three important problems to help public and private schools transport their students to and from class. Route optimization allows transportation departments to meet continually growing transportation needs with diminishing resources. GPS tracking and predictive machine learning reconcile the differences between planned routes with data pulled live from their fleet of buses. Engineering of scalable distributed software in the cloud allows Karros to provide vital services to the public school district and their transportation departments at reasonable costs.
Karros Technologies builds on four decades of transportation experience by applying state-of-the-art technology and modern software development processes to the development and design of new and existing products. The result is reliable and real-time delivery of transportation information directly to the hands of students and parents.
- Collaborate with your Scrum team to create and execute an effective testing strategy;
- Build multi-system test environments and automated test suites;
- Contribute to the maintenance a defect tracking process;
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance;
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards;
- Conduct system diagnostic analysis to identify areas for continuous improvements and resolve complex software issues;
- Coach and mentor SDETs on test development and execution efforts;
Technical stack & patterns:
- Kafka & Kafka Streams for high-performance and real-time processing;
- NiFi for data pipelining, tooling, and ETL;
- Java Spring Boot for distributed microservices;
- ElasticSearch for persistence;
- Angular 2 for web applications;
- Event sourcing & command sourcing.
What you bring to the team:
- Deep experience with SDET/QA methodology & software development processes, e.g., Agile and Scrum;
- Experience with multiple types of testing including functional, performance, usability, reliability, security, and maintainability;
- Experience with software testing tools, such as JUnit, Cucumber, MockMVC, and/or Appium;
- Strong scripting & automation skills, e.g., Python, bash;
- Experience working in a microservices architecture;
- Experience with ElasticSearch or similar DB;
- Experience with IaaS, preferably Amazon Web Services including ECS, Lamda, RDS, etc.;
- Experience working in an Agile development environment;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience, and 4+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer.
This is not considered a remote position. You will have to participate in meetings at the office 2-3 days every 2 weeks.
Please include a link to your LinkedIn or GitHub.
- Competitive health care plan (medical, dental, and vision);
- Matching 401(k) contributions;
- A Flexible work-from-home policy -- however, you are required to meet in person for some Scrum rituals;
- A Flexible work environment that encourages personal and career growth;
- Training and convention opportunities to help expand your skillset.
Karros Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.