Senior Software Developer (Asp.Net Core)
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
RiskFirst is a highly innovative financial technology business providing intuitive, user-friendly risk analytics and reporting solutions to the pensions and investment market.
Our first product, PFaroe, was launched in 2009 delivering a cutting edge solution for institutional investors to manage their asset and liability risk. 10 years on we're now the market leader in the UK, with over $1 trillion in assets benefiting from our technology, and have a growing foothold in the
We're currently focused on building a NY dev team, and having recently appointed our first US Dev Lead we're now looking for a talented Senior Developer to accompany them in delivering our next generation SaaS products and helping to build the new team.
You'll be a seasoned Software Developer with experience of C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, and SQL, be delivery focused, have a clear and genuine interest in technology, and strive for development best practices.
What youll be doing:
- Working in an Agile team delivering RiskFirsts industry leading software-as-a-service products.
- Architecting and building Web API services using the .Net Core framework
- Working with technology leadership to scope out and own crucial microservices that our products run on
- Employing modern technologies i,e, Cloud Computing (Serverless & FaaS), SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, Docker, IIS, ReSharper, TFS, Git, Octopus Deploy, NuGet, and whatever helps you do your job (better)
- Working closely with our Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineer to continually improve our approach to Scrum and our adoption of SAFe.
- Helping to grow, shape, nurture and lead a team you deem best fit for the job.
- Experience developing C# applications on the .Net framework
- Knowledge of ASP.Net
- Source control (TFS and Git)
- Advocate of clean, simple, well structured code
- Pragmatic and level-headed approach to all aspects of your responsibilities
- Experience with ASP.Net Core
- Experience leading and coaching teams
- Exposure to DevOps practices in Azure, AWS and/or GCP
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes
- Automation testing and commonly used tools (Selenium, SpecFlow
- 15 days holiday within first two years, 20 days thereafter
- Year end discretionary bonus
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Disability Income Protection
- Group Life Insurance
- 401k retirement benefit - RiskFirst contributes 100% of the first 4% of deferred money
- Holiday purchase/sale
- 24 weeks paid Maternity leave on a scaled basis
- 2 weeks fully paid Paternity leave
Please apply with your CV/LinkedIn profile for further details.