Senior Software Developer, Android
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Bevi is a Series B startup bringing customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 45 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 50x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are always seeking great software developers and engineers to build future versions of our software. Our ideal candidate, while having their areas of expertise, will not shy away from digging into any part: web UI, backend, firmware and mobile applications. We are a small and fun software team in a fast-growing hardware startup. Our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
As a Senior Software Developer, you are eager to stay on the bleeding-edge of the mobile market across a broad spectrum of industries. Your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise.
Our newest Senior Software Developer will:
- Maintain and extend the Bevi applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Improve the kiosk mode of Android tablets by customizing the Android OS (AOSP)
- Focus on innovating and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Build a delightful UI/UX for our Android tablets
- Work with teams to add new features into existing Android offerings
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third-party libraries to deliver new features. Profile and improve app performance.
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit, UI, and Integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be part of a small, agile, driven and fun software team
- Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Build enhancements to our tablet and its Android mobile apps
- Use the latest open tools and processes like git and scrum
- Work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database
- Scale our backend to handle factor 10 increase
All interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter. Please dont forget the cover letter! We love learning more about what motivates you (i.e. why you are in your current role, why Bevi, why a start-up, etc.) and who you are (i.e. interests, hobbies, what sets you apart from other candidates, etc.).
- Mastery of Android SDK
- Have worked in an Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Hands-on experience developing production-ready Android apps
- Experience building and shipping non-trivial applications of at least reasonable complexity
- Strong analytical and technical skills, you are detail-oriented and work fast
- A true self-starter approach and love of taking on the responsibility
- A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies and you can't imagine yourself not doing so. Our stack includes React.js, Redux, Android, Java, and Docker
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, produce the best work possible
- An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Firmware would be a plus; embedded development; AOSP
- A BS in CS or an allied discipline - or the equivalent in independent experience
Sound good? Please submit a resume & dont forget a cover letter - we love learning more about what motivates you, who you are, and why youd like to help us build Bevi!
- The opportunity to tangibly impact the environment every day by replacing bottled & canned beverages with Bevi.
- Company pays 95% of medical, dental, and vision insurance at 95%
- 15 days PTO and 9 company holidays
- Open workspace in Charlestown (5-minute walk from the orange line T) with visiting furry friends, great snacks, and, of course, unlimited beverages.