Senior Software Developer, Android
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Bevi is a Series B startup bringing customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow by 50x over the past 2 years! With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
Bevi is seeking a Senior Software Developer for Android. As a Senior Developer, your guidance and input drive architecture and functionality decisions. You will be eager to stay on the cutting edge of the mobile market across a broad spectrum of industries. Whether you prefer providing mentorship to junior engineers or acting as a technical sounding board for all, this role invites seasoned engineers to exercise their deep expertise. Our ideal candidate will be excited to work across all components: web UI, backend, firmware and mobile applications. We are a small and fun software team in a fast-growing hardware startup. Our customers love our product and you will play a crucial role in making them even happier. If you love thinking through new ideas and interactions, how to execute them in an innovative way and have a deep respect for user experience, come join our team!
What you will do:
- Maintain and expand the Bevi applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, architect, and ship new features. Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Improve the kiosk mode of Android tablets by customizing the Android OS (AOSP)
- Focus on innovating and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user
- Build a delightful UI/UX for our Android tablets
- Work with teams to add new features into existing Android offerings
- Leverage modern architectural patterns, third-party libraries to deliver new features. Profile and improve app performance.
- Contribute to code quality by writing Unit, UI, and Integration tests
- Enforce code styles and best practices via code reviews and mentorship
- Build enhancements to our tablet and its Android mobile apps
- Scale our backend to handle factor 10 increase
How you will grow:
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency and effectiveness
- Create software that supports our physical product and take on responsibility for shaping that product
- Work with a very broad set of technologies, from embedded programming to mobile Android apps, from UI to backend and database, and use the latest open tools and processes
- Engage with a talented engineering team drawn from diverse sectors, mentor and coach junior team members, and learn from best-in-class leadership
- Deploy your energy and expertise to further the company's mission of sustainability, wellness, and positive personal and environmental change
We think you will bring:
- Mastery of Android SDK
- Prior work in an Agile environment (Scrum preferred)
- Knowledge of web services, specifically REST APIs
- Hands-on experience developing production-ready Android apps
- Experience building and shipping non-trivial applications of at least reasonable complexity
- Strong analytical and technical skills and high level of detail-orientation
- A true self-starter approach and sense of ownership
- A hunger for keeping up with new software technologies - thats just who you are. Our stack includes React.js, Redux, Android, Java, and Docker
- Genuine desire and commitment to always learn, improve, and produce the best work possible
- An agile mindset to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Firmware would be a plus; embedded development; AOSP
- A BS in CS or similar discipline - or the equivalent in independent experience
Sound good? Please submit a resume & dont forget a cover letter - we love learning more about what motivates you, who you are, and why youd like to help us build Bevi!
Apply to learn more about what makes Bevi a great place to work and grow!