Senior Security Engineer
J Harlan Group, LLC
New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 months ago
Senior Security Engineer
NYC Private Equity
J Harlan Group is currently conducting a search for a Senior Security Engineer at a prominent NYC Private Equity organization to support their Information Technology team. This position will report directly to the VP, Chief Information Security Officer.
The Senior Security Engineer will be a significant contributor in enabling the firms vision and helping the organization to grow and improve their businesses.
The firm views Technology as a distinct commercial advantage - enabling a host of opportunities that differentiate them from their competitors.
The firm is a fast growing and dynamic investment organization that is experiencing exceptional growth and is looking for exceptional people to power its next phase of growth.
An exciting opportunity to join the firms Technology team responsible for:
- Countermeasure planning, design and enhancements
- Hands-on deployment of new technologies and security capabilities.
- Managing projects and vendors providing operational or professional services.
- Working closely with IT Infrastructure, Application Development and other non-IT lines of business to assist with security considerations during decision-making.
- Serving as the security liaison on select infrastructure, application and database projects and day-to-day app/data activities.
- Creating, maintaining and updating security processes and documentation, such as the secure SDLC process, and coordinate with PMO teams to ensure they're followed throughout IT.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a threat tree library by performing regular threat assessments to identify which behaviors and actions can be prevented or detected using GA technology.
- Setting security architecture requirements and performing security architecture reviews for cloud initiatives.
- Maintaining knowledge of current security trends and be able to clearly communicate them to the team and to other employees to encourage secure culture across the firm.
- Monitoring public security advisories and alerts for information related to the corporate IT environment
- Participating in and contributing to security team meetings, strategy sessions and broader IT and firmwide initiatives.
The ideal candidate would have a background including:
- Experience in a Cybersecurity / Information Security or IT role (Financial Services experience is a plus)
- A strong work ethic and can do attitude: motivated, flexible nature, team-player spirit, ability to maintain composure at all times
- Strong comfort and experience liaising with internal and external contacts
- Excellent written & oral communication
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationships
- Confident communicator
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Strong desire to contribute and build a business not just solve novel problems.
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients and technologists to develop and implement technology in support of a dynamically growing Private Equity platform
- Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Financial Engineering)
An individual who loves solving deep and complex technical and business problems and wants to have an outsized impact with the services/ products they deliver. An individual with a passion for cyber / information security management, high level of intellectual curiosity, a commitment to excellence and an unparalleled drive to deliver world-class services.
About the Client:
The firm is a leading global growth equity firm with $35B in Assets Under Management (AUM), providing capital and strategic support for growth companies. The firm combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, long-term investment horizon, and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great management and build exceptional businesses worldwide.
The talent and dedication of their people is critical to their success. They offer an opportunity for developing ones professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. They offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis.
They seek candidates who are high-energy self-starters who want to join an investment management firm on the leading edge of the global markets. The management team needs individuals of the highest professional caliber who are leaders, problem solvers, analytic, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial. Everyone at the firm works side-by-side with the firms senior management in a highly collaborative and charged environment.
Successful candidates are:
- Analytic and relentless in pursuit of the right answer
- Strong communicators who excel at rapid synthesis
- Able to demonstrate sound business judgment
- Able to digest complexity while maintaining an understanding of the big picture of business needs
- Team players who are energized by a collaborative enterprise