Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Security Consultant - Penetration Tester
New York , NY 10004
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Penetration Tester will assist in delivering security consulting engagements of various types, e.g. penetration tests, security architecture and configuration reviews, etc.
APenetration Testeris expected to keep up to date with the latest IT Security developments, news and attack techniques and to ensure the wider team receive and understand this knowledge.
Penetration Testerswill receive special focus from Principal Security Consultants in order to assist their progress, but emphasis is also placed on self-study and a desire to learn.
There will be a requirement to lead small to medium projects and to help mentor Junior Penetration Testers and Security Consultants.
A Penetration Tester must work towards attaining upper level industry certification such as the Offensive Security Certified Professional, Offensive Security Certified Expert, CREST CCT, CREST CSAM and CREST CSAS, for which support will be provided.Requirements
Demonstrably strong skills and experience in several of the following domains:
- Web application penetration testing
- Infrastructure penetration testing
- Mobile penetration testing (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Server and workstation secure build configuration review
- Firewall ruleset and configuration review
- Social Engineering, Open Source Intelligence Gathering, Phishing
- Demonstrably strong social and presentation skills.
- Demonstrably strong written and speaking English skills.
- Demonstrably strong commercial awareness.
- OSCP/OSCE, CREST CCT or equivalent level of IT security related certification.
- An ability to lead, teach, present and inspire the wider team.
- At least 24 months of relevant IT security industry experience in the past 3 years.
- Deliver penetration testing and other related security audit activities.
- To perform kick off calls, wash up calls, email responses and debrief for each assigned engagement.
- To help develop client relationships and to provide professional consultative-style engagements.
- Write full and thorough reports for each engagement that show quick and constant improvement, based on comments from QA and peers.
- Through self-study and mentorship the individual must demonstrate an ability to rapidly verse themselves in a wide variety of IT security skills.
- Willingness to mentor Junior Security Consultants and Security Consultants where appropriate and/or requested.
- To lead variety of sized projects as deemed appropriate.
- Where appropriate and/or requested, to provide labs for the company CTF, deliver effective and useful clinic (training/research) days and to take part in any other activity which promotes the teams cohesion and ability to progress.
- When requested, to provide technical analysis of current information security events, especially for the purpose of media coverage.
- When requested, to prepare and run the weekly penetration testing team weekly meetings in an effective manner and using the provided standard template and report any concerns raised to management.
- To assist in Security Testing related activities, providing technical assessment of scope, principal security concerns and testing methodology to Account Manager, including face-to-face meetings when requested.
- When requested, to formally review reports submitted to Quality Assurance to the standard expected.
- To provide insight into methods of team improvement, process improvement and improvement of any other aspect of day-to-day team delivery.
- To demonstrate strong inter-personal skills and to be responsible for one or more strategic areas as requested.
- To assist Management in performing other tasks as requested and required for effective business function.