Senior Scientific Communication Specialist
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To complete our team, we are looking for a talented Senior Scientific Communication Specialist. The resource will be accountable for promoting the global reputation and credibility of SOPHiA GENETICS through the development of relevant, clear, understandable and compelling content around companys products and services. Reporting directly into the Director Scientific and Product Communication, the resource will work closely with teams across the organization, specifically Product Management, Product Communication, Events Team, Public Relations, Regulatory and Data Science to create and update scientific collaterals, training presentations and material for conferences and congresses. The ideal candidate should understand complex technical concepts and simplify them to be understood even by the general public.
Are you creative and highly organized? Are you a great scientific writer and can you turn complicated topics into interesting stories? If so, wed love to have you as part of our team!
- Single point of accountability for managing the creation, deployment and maintenance of all digital and printed product communication materials on time, within budget.
- Single point accountability for the scientific accuracy and consistency with supporting in-house R&D data or publications.
- Coordinate with Product Communication to ensure scientific collateral is in line with the annual product marketing plan
- Brief and coordinate internal and external graphic designer(s), ensuring high-quality delivery
- Ensure compliance with regulations, processes and SOPs
- Edit and review scientific content associated with events (i.e., congresses, workshops and webinars), including abstracts, posters and slide decks, in order to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and interpretation
- Support Media Relations on accurate product press releases, media kits, etc to ensure accurate and compliant description of SOPHiA GENETICS products
- Develop dedicated training materials to support scientific education activities
- Stay abreast of the latest scientific and medical advancements in the field and bring a curious and innovative mindset to the team
- 3+ years experience as Medical Writer or Scientific Communication Specialist within a Biotech/Pharma/MedTech/Life Sciences company
- A degree in a Life Sciences-related field is a must (ideally a PhD)
- Demonstrated track record of experience in scientific and product communications, marketing, medical education or publications
- Previous knowledge of cancer biology, hereditary disorders and genomics
- Excellent planning, copywriting and attention to details
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently
- Flexible, able to adapt to changes
- Capable to manage multiple assignments with competing priorities
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in professional written English
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: Full-Time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.