Senior Ruby ETL Development Engineer - USA (Fully Remote)
Boston , MA 02101
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
*Please note position is fully remote*
Within3, is searching for an experienced Senior Ruby ETL Development Engineer to work within an agile team of software architects and developers to implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based data/ETL pipelines for our public and customer specific data integrations. Technical aptitude is a must, and so is the right team-minded attitude and the ability to work interchangeably with others. The core team is as a small SWAT-style team with everyone pulling their own weight, playing a variety of roles, and covering each other responsibilities when needed. Applicants should be qualified as top-notch full-stack developers, with a passion for focusing on backend service-oriented architectures, scalable system design, databases and data models, and API-driven models.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of data, scale and Ruby on Rails.
- Live and breathe a DevOps culture on a small team of Senior SDEs and SREs that work hand-in-hand with you to deliver modern, scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers.
- Own and implement the key data delivery pipelines for the companys flagship SaaS platform.
- Follow software development best practices to create maintainable and extensible software solutions.
- Work with modern CI/CD tool and methodologies to ship product on a daily basis.
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company.
- Work with product owner to understand internal and external requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy these.
- Work with Senior SREs to contribute to the overall platform stability, availability, and quality.
- Enable SREs to have visibility and responsibility into the function of the code they are operating.
- Interact directly with SREs and customers to triage, debug, and remediate production issues.
- Experience with Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, Custom DSLs or very similar is a must.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing ETL software for modern cloud environments.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with languages and frameworks such as Ruby, Rails, Python, etc.
- Familiar with cloud and Linux sysadmin experience IaaS, PaaS, and container/orchestration experience is important.
- Proven track record of success in high-functioning continuous delivery environment.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Expertise with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of source control systems (git, hg, etc.) and related workflow patterns (e.g. GitFlow)
- Familiarity with Big Data systems such as Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Spark, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Understanding of privacy-by-design frameworks, and code-level security techniques is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills is required.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!