Senior Revenue Accountant
Charlotte , NC 28201
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Senior Revenue Accountant
The Senior Revenue Accountant is an integral part in the recording and analysis of revenue and deferred revenue. The role is a key player within the Revenue Team in the analysis of contracts and sales agreements to ensure proper revenue recognition compliance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including the new revenue recognition standard and other applicable regulatory requirements. This position will assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures as well as the year end audit process and act as a liaison between the external auditors and revenue team. The Senior Revenue Accountant will work with accounts receivable as well as various other groups within Finance and other internal groups to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines. This position will also assist with ad-hoc projects and the accounting and integration of new acquisitions as needed.\
This position must exercise independence in managing ad hoc projects while exercising good judgment about elevating questions or key issues to management for guidance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other applicable regulatory requirements.
Major Accountabilities include:
- Apply technical and systems knowledge to lead and/or support of projects and analyses as assigned
- Assist in reviewing customer contracts for any revenue recognition issues for software subscription and consulting contracts under both new and old revenue accounting standards
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules by adding new contracts or adjusting existing contracts and provide review in the work of other revenue accountants
- Help lead interim and year end audit requests
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related area required
- Masters degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred
- 3 years related minimum experience required
- 5 years related experience preferred
Relevant accounting experience to include:
- Month-end close cycle
- General ledger accounting systems such as Workday
- Preparing and posting standard, non-standard and adjusting journal entries
- Preparing supporting schedules and account reconciliations on balance sheet and income statement line items
- Experience in dealing with multiple internal departments (such as FP&A and business units) to provide excellent customer service
- Revenue recognition experience (particularly in the areas of software subscription and consulting services)
- Software industry experience
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and audit of public companies
- Experience interpreting contracts to develop billing and revenue recognition schedules
- Working with medium to large public companies
- Experience in dealing with internal and external auditors preferred
- CPA license or CPA Candidate strongly desired
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the monthly financial close process.
- A high degree of accountability, responsibility and attention to detail are required, as well as a demonstrated ability to work within a complex entity structure (multi-entity, multi-site) organization.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and deadlines with little supervision. Ability to deal well with ambiguity and shift gears quickly and comfortably.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and deadlines and quickly interpret data from multiple sources.
- Ability to use good judgment with a high level of discretion and confidentiality. Reasoning skills and ability to articulate logic behind decisions and identify insights (beyond basic reporting of events).
- Ability to grasp and understand the many different moving parts of Organization and how they fit together within the combined organization. Each enterprise unit has different product offerings and organizational infrastructure which contributes to a variety of customer needs and accounting challenges.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Ability to be able to quickly learn and maneuver within the Workday accounting system
About the Corporate Financial Services unit:
Corporate Financial Services is responsible for the total financial function of Organization, from accounting & financial data collection to financial controls to financial reporting. This key business services organization is integral to the success of Organization.