Senior Research Associate , Ipsc Biology Team
Cambridge , MA 02138
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. Were focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. Were looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a motivated senior research associate to support the development and progression of a new class of cellular therapies based on CRISPR-Cas gene edited induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs). This associate will work closely with the iPSC Biology Team Leader to culture, reprogram, differentiate and characterize iPSC cells for our immuno-oncology programs. Previous experience culturing iPSC or similarly complex cell models is desired.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Culture primary cells, including human induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs), primary cells, and cancer cell lines.
- Derive, differentiate and characterize human iPSCs
- Carry out hematopoietic differentiation from genetically engineered iPSCs
- Conduct cell-based assays such as flow cytometric analysis of blood cells and tissue
- Perform standard molecular biology work such as DNA and RNA extraction and PCR
- Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to regulatory documentation
- Analyze and present data within the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Experience with iPSC derivation, culture, characterization and differentiation is desired, although similar experience with primary cell culture may be sufficient
- Experience using CRISPR to genetically organisms and cells
- Experience with standard cell and molecular biology techniques, like PCR and FACS,
- Experience within an Immuno-oncology programs is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a goal-oriented team
- Excellent communication (both written and oral), time management, and record keeping
Education & Relevant Work Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in cell biology, immunology, or related field with 3-7 years of lab experience in academic or industry setting
- Strong background and scientific acumen demonstrated by education, , career progression, and accomplishment