Senior Research Associate, AD Cell Or Molecular Biology Req #2084
South San Francisco , CA 94080
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. We are combining the precision of gene regulation with the versatility of gene therapies to create breakthrough treatments. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
This position will be part of the Molecular and Cell-based Assay team responsible for the aspects of developing and executing technical methodologies within Analytical Development Department. This position is a technical laboratory-based position working in a collaborative manner with peers in the QC Department, PD Department and across other technical groups.
- Develop and optimize molecular assays and/or cell-based assays.
- Perform AAV vector and cell sample analysis using relevant assays support product development and analytical development.
- Analyze data and write results summary.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of work in a timely fashion.
- Manage workflow and organize storage of samples in freezers and refrigerators.
- Work on multiple projects to meet departmental and organizational goals.
- MSc in a relevant area of specialization (biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, virology) and 3 or more years of industry experience.
- BSc in a relevant area of specialization (biological sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, virology) and 5 or more years of industry experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and potency assay development (cell biology focus) OR in ddPCR and/or qPCR assay development AND DNA/RNA extraction and quantitative analysis (molecular biology focus).
- Experience in writing SOPs, developmental and technical reports
- Highly motivated, flexible and independent, yet successful in a group setting.
- Strong technical skills along with key competencies including attention to detail, meticulous execution of protocol, excellent organizational and interpersonal capabilities.
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis tools and applications.
- Personnel characteristics of integrity, teamwork and commitment to excellence to fit with
- Experience working in GLP environment
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Purple Tie dry cleaning service
- Fitness center
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.