Senior Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Irvine , CA 92602
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Reporting into the Head of Compliance of NAM, the Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager works with the Head of Compliance of Xe NAM to drive and embed quality practice and ensure systems and procedural excellence and effective business planning to assure legal and regulatory compliance. Day to day you are responsible for identifying and managing AML/CTF risks for the Xe business and assisting in regulatory oversight and reporting.
- Carrying out analytical work responsibility and oversight for all money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and financial crime systems and controls, ensuring compliance with current legal and regulatory conditions and aligning the business and its operations with future legal and regulatory requirements and conditions;
- Manages and is responsible for policy and decisions in relation to AML / Compliance across business;
- Provides input and consultancy (operational) into relevant business policies and operational plans impacted by legal, regulatory and risk/compliance issues;
- Maintains up to date knowledge and expertise on core business activities and assists in the analysis of proposed business initiatives from a risk based regulatory perspective;
- Champions a commercial approach to compliance across the business which includes classroom based AML training for North American team;
- Strives towards a continuous improvement of the North American Compliance function and quality assurance
- Have held appropriate regulatory position in the FX/Payments industry or within a highly regulated financial industry previously for a minimum of 5 years;
- Strong ability to articulate and communicate risk/compliance issues across all levels and hierarchies in the business (from team members, managers, directors to the board)
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to explain risks and issues to team members and management.
- Strong change management skills to enable identification of required change and deadlines and planning and prioritisation of these tasks in an appropriate manner.
- The confidence to challenge the status-quo and provide fresh ideas.
- Getting the right balance and commercial outcomes from regulatory requirements and changes.
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels.
- Client-focused approach with a passion and track record of delivering excellence.
- A detailed and broad understanding of legal/regulatory and compliance obligations;
- Experience of working within FX industry is highly desirable and must have experience of compliance with FINTRAC and/or FINCEN regulated business in North America.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Who we are
At XE, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including our Currency Converter, Market Analysis, Currency Data API and quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses. We leverage technology to deliver these services through our website, mobile apps and over the phone.
Visit www.xe.com to find out more.