VIEW JOBS1/16/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-16T00:00At Jacobs, we don't settle - always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don't settle until we give our best and know that we're making a difference.
We're looking for a Senior Process Engineer in (location) who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our clients' business. Join us and you'll have the chance to work on projects including state of the art industrial and commercial facilities. You'll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of challenging engineering tasks, as you gain familiarity with the client's expectations, scope, budget, and schedule. Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will establish process design basis, develop process options and optimizations of selected design, and calculate and organize data for process flow sheets. You'll also have the chance to utilize your technical expertise mentoring junior team members to help your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
* Bachelor or Master of Science in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering
* 15 years of experience preferably in the engineering
* Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience in a design or manufacturing environment
* Professional Engineer (PE)
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
* Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience that will help Jacobs to win design projects.
* Experience in multiple areas of expertise is ideal but experts in areas such as API, Fill Finish and Fermentation will also be considered.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.IndianapolisIN
VIEW JOBS1/15/2021 12:00:00 AM2021-04-15T00:00The engineering team at Root strives to be one of the most transformative engineering teams ever. We're changing the way an industry works by leveraging technology and data to build the best products possible. Even with our significant growth, we operate in small teams that are given ownership over projects and results. We've found that the people closest to the problems are the best at solving them.
Our tech stack includes:
Ruby / Rails backend, RSpec for testing
Small amounts of native iOS and Android
Deployment to AWS ECS using containers
Buildkite for CI
We're scaling rapidly, and we recently launched a $6B IPO:
Our team excels at delivering software to solve the problems in front of us at Root: presently, a suite of world-class mobile, web, and server-based products obsessed with the customer experience. We've shaped our team and process around this; we know that constant iteration and experimentation produce the best results.
For more information on engineering at Root see https://eng.joinroot.com/
We divide the areas of responsibility for engineers into three major areas:
Technical: The skills and knowledge that make up an engineer's basic problem-solving toolbox.
Planning and Execution: The ability to plan and execute assigned work beyond basic technical solutions.
Working with Others: The ability to work effectively with other engineers and people in other functions.
Scope of Impact Team/Initiative/Company
What we look for in senior software engineers:
* Deep understanding of dynamic languages, client-server architecture, and web technologies
* Incorporates testing and thinks about reliability as a natural part of delivering working software
* Experienced with several programming paradigms
* Solid knowledge of databases, SQL, and version control tools
* Adequate understanding of infrastructure and devops
Planning and Execution
* Plans and completes large and complex tasks/projects without supervision
* Foresees issues and requirements for large projects and features
* Completes large pre-planned tasks in an efficient manner
* Thinks critically about work to guarantee business functionality. Understands and takes into account business goals into their technical decisions.
* Can break down large initiatives into incrementally implementable deliverables
Working with Others
* Provides effective and accurate technical feedback in code reviews
* Able to work across teams to tackle complex issues
* Able to positively influence other engineers, both directly and indirectly
* Works with product owners, analysts and other functions to move company's priorities forward
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.