Senior Project Manager
Richmond , VA 23220
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Unboxed Technology contributes to the world by creating new ways to educate and empower people. As a Senior Project Manager within the Delivery team, you set the rhythm, tone, and perception of the workflow for internal project teams through effective planning and capacity management. You ensure that each deliverable and project is on time, on budget, and meets the clients expectations. You do this in collaboration with senior leadership and a team of content strategists, designers and developers. You coordinate internal and external communications and conduct regular review and feedback sessions directly with clients as well as internal stakeholders.
Often working toward tight deadlines, you demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, are adept at creating and enforcing project timelines, and makes strategic recommendations based on production changes and constraints. You possess strong time management skills, the ability to positively influence team members, and strong communication skills. Perceptive and energetic, you develop cross-functional groups into high-performing teams that consistently deliver delightful products.
- Ability to manage metrics, including but not limited to budgets (profitability, cost of goods sold (COGS), margins and revenue) and capacity planning (LOE (level of effort), project burn down).
- Demonstrate flexibility when a plan or scope changes
- Maintain project schedules and scheduling resources with the client, team members, and contractors related to project delivery.
- Develop and maintain project related documentation. May include budget, status, decision tracker, roadmap.
- Ability to manage program retainers, keeping a running log of scoped hours against hours utilized in addition to regularly communicating status of retainer to project team.
- Ability to collaborate with creative teams, production teams, and executives to drive alignment
- Work with account management and delivery team architects to clarify project requirements and manage expectations with the client
- Facilitate internal and/or client meetings, set agendas, and ensure that stated objectives are met
- Educate clients and other stakeholders on our development process and their role in the process.
- Schedule and manage project tasks according to a timeline.
- Bring the finished product in on budget, on time and within Client expectations.
- Develop and deliver project health status or other metrics to all stakeholders at agreed-upon intervals.
- Provide schedule/budget analysis, highlight potential problems/risks that may affect the organization, and recommend strategic solutions with input from stakeholders.
- Align and coordinate resources and communication with cross functional teams such as training, business development, and marketing
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development a plus
- Experience using JIRA, Dovico or other project management tool is a plus
- Communicates ideas effectively, listens to others' ideas, and collaborates to arrive at solutions & resolve conflict
- Ability to analyze complex problems and creatively formulate workable solutions
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to use emotional intelligence and business acumen to problem solve
- Exceptional verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Some infrequent travel required
- 5 - 7+ years experience in Project Management role in an agency environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
Flexibility and attention to detail will be key to the success of the role.
And how about our culture? Heres a peek:
- No corporate bureaucracy
- Positive, encouraging atmosphere. We look for solutions and always support one another
- Shorts, flip-flops, and smiles are encouraged
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, and coffee
- Flexible work schedule with plenty of time off
- Training opportunities and regular team outings
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Want to know more? For the 3rd year in a row, Unboxed Technology was named one of Richmond's Top Workplaces by The Richmond Times Dispatch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlz2Ab8RuA
Unboxed Technology. Contributing to the world by creating new ways to educate and empower people since 2009.