Senior Project Manager
Hartford , CT 06103
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently hiring for a Lead Project Manager of Accelerated Bridge Construction position, and we are looking for the can-do achiever who can take on the job. We work with a wide variety of clients, so we expect team members to be on their toes and ready for the unexpected. If this sounds like the kind of project you'd like to manage, we encourage you to submit an application with your resume.
- Design each project's structure to effectively plan its timeline and the role of each team member.
- Oversee projects of varying size, complexity, and delivery methods such as Design Bid Build, Design-Build, and Construction Manager/ General Contractor (CMGC)
- Delegate tasks to team members in order to provide everybody with work and divide labor fairly.
- Develop goals for the project's duration, based on the nature of the project and the contributions each team member is expected to make.
- Guide team members' efforts to ensure they adhere to all standards, meet all deadlines and make meaningful contributions to the progress of the project.
- Gauge the effectiveness of team members and their performance, and make any adjustments necessary to bring out the best in your team.
- Organize team members to emphasize individual strengths as well as potential for collaboration in completing the project's tasks.
- Manage deadlines to complete all aspects of the project in a timely manner without compromising the quality of the work being done.
- Seek feedback from upper management and clients to ensure project is on track and moving in the desired direction.
- Uphold Governmental and Corporate Quality Assurance Policies/Procedures.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience working with DOT
- 8+ total years of progressively responsible experience in design and management of complex bridge/transportation projects; which includes 4+ years experience in management of complex transportation projects;
- Possess Professional Engineer License and ability to achieve reciprocity in designated states
- PMP certification or similar is highly desired
- Experience managing design-build projects
- Competent in Micro Station and/or Auto CAD;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Prior experience in project management involving bridges, transportation and construction.
- On-call availability for emergencies and other applicable situations
- Experience with Accelerated Bridge Construction a plus.