Senior Project Manager - Cancer Biology/Genomics
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
You will be responsible for managing, developing, forecasting, maintaining, and reporting timelines for analytical development and implementation process of specific projects.
- Build and support high-performing project teams.
- Organize/lead meetings, manage project meeting content and track project objectives and progress. Determine and manage project timelines and budgets. Engage SME support as needed.
- Work closely with project leads to support method development, optimization, qualification, tech transfer and/or other analytical activities.
- Manage and support team lead, including coordinating activities with outside collaborators/clients.
- Monitor projects from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Design, implement, and lead the day-to-day update process of schedules to appropriately identify schedule issues early.
- Identify and address resource conflicts between the various internal efforts.
- Report on project progress / identify issues/risks. Communicate up, down, and across the organization; foster open communication throughout the organization.
- Facilitate high level workflow via program forecasting.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, tracking and reporting timelines.
- Model our core values: visionary; pioneering; truth seeking; driven; honest and considerate communication; embraces diversity. You are experienced as someone who exemplifies our culture and you operate with transparency and integrity.
- Bachelors degree in science or related technical field preferred with 8+ years of related experience in project management within genomics and/or oncology-related fields, laboratory-developed tests, business analysis and/or management consulting. MBA is a plus. PMP Project Management certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a PM team/function with successful track record of delivering projects on time with quality.
- Experience building and/or improving PM capability for an organization. Natural knack for detail orientation and creating highly organized and efficient processes/systems.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Twice a month day-trips required between our San Francisco and San Diego offices
Join our cutting-edge epigenetics diagnostics company!
Come and join our driven, talented and growing company! We are a thoughtful and insightful team of scientists and technologists and our seasoned leadership team has a breadth of experience across industry, teaching and research. Our employees are passionate about genomic diagnostics and improving healthcare.
We provide generous benefits to all employees, including stock options and a fully-stocked kitchen! We value your physical presence in our office in building our cohesive team.
As an exciting life science startup, we are reinventing non-invasive molecular diagnostic testing using next generation epigenomic technologies. We are passionate and dedicated to discovering and developing applications that will make a significant difference in cancer and other epigenomic-driven diseases. Our technologies provide novel insight and quantitation of human health and disease, with our focus on precision medicine applications improving both clinical and health system outcomes. We are building a world-class company, based in San Diego and San Francisco.
We look for extraordinary lifelong learners with a passion and growth mindset for these areas, and for combining biological ingenuity with AI and data analysis. Led by a team with decades of experience bringing products from concept to market, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Come join us in addressing large healthcare needs through precision epigenomic medicine