Senior Project Manager
Albireo Energy, LLC
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to oversee the successful execution of multiple projects as the Project Leader in charge." Your success will be measured by keeping your clients happy through completion of respective projects. You will do this by ensuring projects maintain schedule, budget, and the industry leading level of safety required by Albireo Energy and our Customer.
The right person for this role is a leader, currently employed as a Project Executive or Senior Project Manager in the construction industry who has previous experience working on large and complex Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Manufacturing sites. The right person is a mentor and communicator - someone who enjoys leading teams of construction professionals and wants to develop future leaders and future business at Albireo Energy.
- Coordinate and lead projects with divisional, non-divisional and external resources the lifecycle of the project to define and deliver owner desired expectations and contractual obligations.
- Acts as on-site leader for execution teams, subcontractors and vendors on the assigned project. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Predictive manpower loading for project milestone completion.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Creates and manages project plan, in advance of project activities assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with this pre-determined execution plan for each project.
- Oversees managing of costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow. Create a schedule of values for owner and earned value estimates for Albireo management use.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Albireo Energy standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the Divisional Operations Manager and / or Solutions Architect Leader for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems. Coordinates submittal information and drawings for Smart Building scopes.
- Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the final building automation inspection and the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
- Makes presentations to Executive Management on current and forecasted performance
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Travel to job sites to ensure proper inspections and assessments are done and completed by appropriate parties
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of ten years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Prove written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite.
Ideal Candidate Background, Experience & Qualifications
- Mastered the skills of a Senior Project Manager with demonstrated success ensuring safety, fostering client relations, developing and mentoring Project Managers, understanding project financials, and mitigating risks.
- 10+ Years of Experience in construction management or operations.
- 10+ Years of substantial and broad business experience in Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Manufacturing construction and tenant improvement, with individual project values of 5+million or multiple smaller projects simultaneously (design build preferred).
- Proficient at leading project teams dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Complete knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes, tenant improvement project experience is very important.
- Proficient at leading a successful project team, including development of employee, and maintaining relationships with external entities.
- In-depth knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences and Manufacturing and tenant improvement project experience is very important.
- In dept knowledge and understanding of CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices).
- PMP a plus.
- Ability to travel to other sites for Program/Project Coordination (30%) Nationally.
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Paid Sick Time
401K with Company match