Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Product Safety Standards Engineer-Electronics
KP Recruiting Group
DES MOINES , IA 50301
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
As aSenior Product Safety Standards Engineer you will serve as a business unit level adviser.In addition, you will:
- Lead cross-functional teams to carry out the product safety, compliance and strategic standards aspects of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) for new and revised products and complex systems, reporting results to the design teams and the Product Safety Committee.
- Provide education in product safety, liability, standards and compliance to ISG personnel.
- Identify, draft and facilitate adoption of suitable international, national and industry standards.
- Interpret and apply product safety standards, regulations, safety principles and homologation definition to assure compliance and enterprise consistency.
- Monitor for changes to standards and regulations that impact products, as well as investigating field incidents with products, and advising on actions.
- Participate and may assume leadership roles in internal and external standard development committees (including International) to ensure that interests are reflected in standards that significantly affect the company.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of industry and technical trends and practices related area of product safety, standards, regulations and homologation.
- Plan and use a structured process to analyze product safety, standards and regulatory issues across product lines and platforms; exchanging information across multiple divisions.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years in safety standards and compliance or 5 plus years designing, testing, or managing the development of electrical/electronic products and systems to meet safety standards and compliance requirements (H)
- Experience leading others in the resolution of difficult technical issues (H)
- Strength in writing or interpreting technical specifications for electrical/electronic products and systems or technical standards and regulations (H)
- Knowledge of national, international and industry standards and laws relating to electrical/electronic product and electrical systems (H)
- Ability and willingness to travel both in the U.S. and Internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience specifically with telecommunication, telematics or radio products (M)
- Experience leading safety reviews of electrical/electronic products and systems (H)
- Knowledge of safety standards, laws and regulations related to electrical/electronic products and systems used on Agricultural and Earth Moving Equipment as well as parallel industries (L)
- Experience in the development processes for national, international and industry standards (M)
- Project management experience (M)
Education(or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Technology or Science discipline (H)