Senior Product Quality Engineer
Philadelphia , PA
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Senior Product Quality Engineer
DE, PhiladelphiaMust be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
This position is a key driver in the continued implementation of Partner of Choice vision for the site.
This role supports the goals of the business from a product ownership standpoint in different phases of a product life cycle. This role works with cross functional teams to support new product introductions, identify improvement opportunities and be the focal point for change management for the assigned products. This role will provide targeted opportunities for customer interactions while leveraging strong engineering principles to work on complex projects. This role also provides an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested in future leadership positions in customer facing roles OR in engineering.
- Act as the technical product manager for the assigned product portfolio. This role would be the technical counterpart to the business managers in effective product portfolio management.
- Analyze process and production data to identify product consistency improvement opportunities. Initiate the improvement opportunities / drive for prioritization of the improvement opportunities with manufacturing and strategic partners.
- Be the steward for change management for the assigned product portfolio. Work with change owners (manufacturing, supplier quality, strategic partners, etc) to assess the impact of proposed changes and drive towards risk mitigation. Work with customer facing teams to communicate appropriately through technical whitepapers.
- Assess non-conforming products. Work with various teams (manufacturing, applications engineering) to decide fit for use for the non-conforming material.
- Work with the PCS (process control systems) program manager to drive SPC (Statistical process control) culture at the site.
- Training field service engineers and other sales staff as required on product knowledge.
- Understand customer requirements and work to drive improvements (new metrologies, process improvements, etc.) in the assigned product portfolio.
- Acting as steward for DuPonts product information.
- Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality by partnering with product development group on the stage gate methodology.
- 6-sigma (green/black belt) certification.
- Hands on experience with chemical and physical material analysis techniques and characterization.
- Experience in the semiconductor industry (CMP, Lithography, Etch, Strip, etc).
- Experience in external (customer or supplier) communication: ensuring both companies are aligned on the same goals and understandings.
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 10-15 years of experience as an engineer in an engineer in manufacturing, manufacturing support functions, or R&D.
- Strong data analysis skills (Statistical process control, Design of experiments, etc).
- Ability to make good engineering judgments independently is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver technical presentations, communicate results and progress update to technical teams, management, and business leadership.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to drive projects to completion.
1. 6-sigma (green/black belt) certification.
2. Hands on experience with chemical and physical material analysis techniques and characterization.
3. Experience in the semiconductor industry (CMP, Lithography, Etch, Strip, etc).
4. Experience in external (customer or supplier) communication: ensuring both companies are aligned on the same goals and understandings.
5. Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
6. 10-15 years of experience as an engineer in an engineer in manufacturing, manufacturing support functions, or R&D.
7. Strong data analysis skills (Statistical process control, Design of experiments, etc).