Senior Principal Safety And Compliance Engineer
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Full Time, Exempt
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the products that Alert Innovation produces. Work includes:
- Building Alert Innovation's Safety and Compliance program, ensuring product team plans include necessary S&C activities.
- Identification of relevant regulatory standards, and training engineering teams so they understand implications, and participation in the development of strategies for adherence.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of Safety FMEAs to identify, eliminate, or reduce product safety hazards; ensure broad visibility of safety challenges.
- Serving as a liaison to expert 3rd parties evaluating EMC/EMI, ergonomics, and safety compliance.
- Define internal processes to support equipment certification.
- Provide technical oversight to product safety training so that engineers, technicians, service staff, and operators all know how to safety work with our products.
What are We looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about learning, applying and teaching safety concepts in robotics.
- Experience working with machinery an automation in order to assess compliance with functional and product safety standards such as NFPA 79, NEC, UL 508A, IEC/ISO 61010, 62061 and 13849-1, 60204, and 10218.
- Experience working with European Union standards and CE self-certification.
- Five or more years experience performing and leading risk assessment and driving actions to ensure appropriate mitigation actions as well as regulatory compliance.
- Experience teaching relevant safety and regulatory standards to product development teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to build effective team relationships and mediate teams achieve consensus.
- BS/MS in Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required with at least 12 years of experience working in product safety and compliance.
- Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) or equivalent.
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four years. We have 31 issued or pending patents on our groundbreaking technology. A leading retail equity analyst at Jefferies recently published that we view Alert Innovations fulfillment technology as the most diverse and comprehensive. In addition, its developing the Novastore concept could be a winning long-term format.
We offer full time employees a generous benefits package starting with your date of hire.
PAID TIME OFF
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO and PPO options.
- Health Reimbursement plan where Alert Innovation reimburses you for deductible related expenses ($1,000 for individuals, $2,500 for families).
- Dental insurance thru Delta Dental of MA.
- Vision Plan thru VSP.
- Flexible Spending Account to enable you to pay health care and dependent care costs on a pre-tax basis.
- Group Term Life Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Short Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 70% of your weekly salary for up to 13 weeks.
- Long Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 66.67% of your monthly earnings.
- 401k Plan administered by Fidelity to enable you to save using pre-tax dollars.
- 100% of cost of training for your current or near-term work needs including conferences and technical events.
- 50% reimbursement of tuition for programs aligned with career development goals including MBA and masters from top schools (online via Coursera).
- 50% reimbursement of Nano Degrees (online via Udacity).
- Earn a Bachelors or Associates college degree from a fully accredited undergraduate program for only $5,000/year through our College For America benefit with Southern New Hampshire University.
- Daily catered lunch at no cost to you.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.