Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Engineer
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Upwork has partnered with a global leader in providing business and technology consulting services that transform organizations through cloud-based solution.
They are the market-leader in their field, internationally recognized as an exceptional service provider with proven expertise in enterprise consulting, cloud platform migration, custom application development, managed services, user adoption and change management.
The client is looking for a Senior Pre-Sales Cloud Engineer who will work collaboratively with Architects and other Engineers to:
- Design, prototype and lead the deployment of scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures.
- Work with engineering teams, customers and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute.
- Conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you advocate.
- Become a recognized expert who will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google Cloud sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work.
- Demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures that other Engineers and Architects demur to you for lack of expertise.
- Lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions.
What you need to have:
- MUST have Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification and/or Google Professional Data Engineer Certification.
- Mastery in at least oneof the following domain areas:
- Infrastructure Modernization: migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP with near-zero-downtime (includes full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- Application Development: building custom web and mobile applications on top of the GCP stack
- Data Engineering: data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools), OLTP/OLAP data migrations, or backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects.
- Experience leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states.
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and leading the deployment of scalable solutions on GCP.
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Experience with container engines: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation.
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to elicit customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects.
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing technical role.
- Remote work; you can work from your home or anywhere you want.
- Work with a global leader in providing business and technology consulting services!
- Competitive pay!