Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Pl/Sql Developer
Suitland , MD 20746
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A rapidly growing Program Management, IT and Engineering consultancy is seeking a Senior PL/SQL Developer for their Suitland, MD location. Our client is primarily serving government clients including the Census Bureau, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Defense (Army branch), Department of Homeland Security, Social Security Administration, and Department of Veterans Affairs. The team is very busy and we're looking to continue to add talented IT and Engineering personnel to produce innovative solutions to complex problems. This is a very hands on, and group oriented environment that always strives to provide the highest level of service to their clients and their mission critical needs.
This is a contract-to-perm role that requires US Citizenship or a Green Card. Full benefits, 401k, sick leave, etc are provided for the duration of the contract portion. The chosen candidate will need to have a Public Trust clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Please see below for the job description and position requirements.
- Applies extensive expertise in PL/SQL
- Solves complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Performs work without need for direct supervision
- Makes sound decisions that achieve critical organizational objectives
- Ability to design, evaluate, select, implement, and support databases and metadata structures and previous experience redesigning data systems and processes
- Ability to analyze information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
- Ability to review requests for data and data usage, research new and/or better data feeds, coordinate new data developments ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structures
- Ability to coordinate testing of designed applications, design dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading and managing database applications
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations on data integrity, performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, and continuous efforts to improve performance and functionality
- Can function in project leadership roles and represent as the prime customer contact on significant technical matters
- 10+ years of related database development experience
- Strong PL/SQL development experience including but not limited to the creation of packages, procedures, tables views, functions, etc
- Oracle database design and performance tuning
- Seven years of experience in Database Star Schema and or Snow flake schema in First, Second and Third normal form
- Knowledge on how to build/maintain efficient database tables structure for both transactional and warehouse data
- Six years of experience in PL/SQL tuning
- Knowledge of oracle partitioning practices and data archival structures and processes
- Knowledge of Oracle 11g and 12c with use of tools such as SQLDeveloper, TOAD and ERWIN
- Experience with batch job process, ASP, VB script, and Windows
- Experience with Java, JSP, and VB
- Must have the ability to work with the system analysts to translate business requirements to database structure as well has communicate the design to the front end development staff
- Strong working knowledge and experience with MS SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge in SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Proficient in designing, creating and debugging stored procedures
- Create and execute SQL scripts to be used for test validation
- Work directly with databases to verify data using SQL queries
- ETL Experience- particularly the TRANSFORM aspect of data
- General familiarity populating/loading data into databases
- Scripting language experience, and string manipulation experience
Technologies and Tools
- MS SQL Server, Oracle, NoSQL, MySQL, Java, .NET, C#, Perl, HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, Git, HP ALM, Unix/Linux, Windows, Jenkins, CloudBees
This is an immediate need. Please submit an updated resume for consideration.