Senior Patent Attorney / Senior Patent Agent
Cambridge , MA 02142
Posted 1 week ago
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of non-viral gene therapy durable and redosable, with scale to reach millions of patients living with rare and prevalent diseases. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, and creative community of people bringing diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences to bear on achieving our mission. Today, we are about ninety strong, headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Delve further. Please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @generationbio.
Generation Bio seeks an experienced Patent Attorney / Sr. Patent Attorney to help Generation Bios IP team to successfully develop and implement IP strategies to protect its innovative ceDNA platform, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) delivery systems, and rapidly growing pipeline. The successful candidate will possess experience in managing worldwide patent portfolios and pursuing protection and defense of IP assets over the full course of therapeutic development. This position reports to the Director, Intellectual Property.
- Prepare, file and prosecute U.S., and foreign patent applications in the fields of gene therapy or organic chemistry.
- Proactively build and expand patent strategies for the company in collaboration with business and R&D departments to ensure long-term competitive advantage.
- Identify and evaluate new inventions.
- Conduct prior art searches.
- Effectively manage outside counsel regarding the companys patent strategies.
- Identify and monitor relevant IP activities in the field.
- Perform diligence and provide legal opinions with respect to patentability, validity, and freedom to operate.
- Support IP-related transactional work, including business development opportunities and other agreements.
- Reviews IP aspects of technical manuscripts, posters, presentations, and other materials intended for publication.
- Advanced degree in biological sciences, organic chemistry, or related field, with a Ph.D. preferred.
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- J.D. and bar admission in good standing in at least one state for Patent Attorney position.
- Patent Attorney: minimum of 4 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house pharmaceutical or biotechnology company practicing patent law, including management of complex global IP portfolios for therapeutic molecules.
- Patent Agent: minimum of 8 years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house pharmaceutical or biotechnology company prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications and managing complex global IP portfolios for therapeutic molecules.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills with high detail orientation.
- Client service focus and ability to adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.