Senior Paralegal (English And Spanish) Dept. Of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Washington D.C. Feb. 2020
Washington , D.C. 20002
C & C International Recruitment Accepting Resumes For
:Senior Paralegal (English and Spanish Speaker)
to assist in the work of theU.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights DivisionLitigation Support ServicesWashington D.C. 20002Senior Paralegal
This is a temporary to permanent hire position with a pay rate of $ 31.00 an hour. The expected annual salary after permanent hireof $ 64,500.Travel required for this position.Period of Performance:
Monday through Friday, office hoursOccasional travel based on assignment with minimum seven days notice.Resume Requirements:
- Two (2) page resume in MS Word format, over all 1 margins, 10-pitch font
- One (1) page with at least three (3) professional references in the following format: MS Word, over all 1 margins, 10-pitch font
Name of Reference:Job Title:Organization:Phone:Email:Relationship to candidate during tenure:Special Requirements:
-- Must be a U.S. citizen- - Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security ClearanceNational Agency Check Inquiry(NACI) federal background check- - English and Spanish speaker: Interview may be conducted in Spanish. Language proficiency test required for certain assignments.- - Able to travel for assignments with minimum seven days notice. Required Qualifications:- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years experience in litigation paralegal support, including trial support, as a Level 2 Paralegal- Minimum one (1) year litigation support/ eDiscovery- Paralegal Certificate (or Juris Doctorate) from accredited college/ university
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and WestLaw- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access or other data bases), Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar applications.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications including word processing, database (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging- Experience with legal writing
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Track record of utilizing legal analyses to recommend course of actions/ final dispositions- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources
- Requires hands-on familiarity with electronically stored information (ESI) tools, e-discovery procedures and resources- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment
- Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff
- Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain a high-level of productivity without sacrificing accuracy
- Attention to detail.
- Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office itemsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree preferred- Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.- Automated litigation support experience valued (i.e. Oracle, Concordance, Summation, Trial Director, Relativity, or similar applications)- Trial experience very helpful- Current or active security clearance