JDSAT is an Operations Research and Data Sciences firm currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven, and experienced Operations Research Analyst to the US Navys Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) in strategic decision support through operational analysis of plans, policies, and management to ensure medical forces ready for global contingency operations. These activities require careful and meticulous planning and analysis to balance programming limitations, operational demands, and unit readiness.
The qualified candidate will be trained and possess at least (8) years experience in Operations Research or related technical field, such as Manpower Systems, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science. Qualifying candidates must be capable of leading analytic teams, visioning strategic solutions for clients, and successfully leading implementation of those solutions. The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree in a relevant field and demonstrate strong breadth of knowledge across a range of advanced analytic skills such as statistical analysis, data analysis, simulation, optimization, decision analysis, machine learning, and similar. The ideal candidate will be a superb oral and written communicator, fluid in communicating high-level concepts, and have outstanding interpersonal skills when interfacing with client personnel.
This position requires a SECRET clearance or demonstrated ability to obtain such clearance.
- Work with clients, managers, and technical staff to understand business needs and develop project and technical plans to deliver needed results.
- Lead and manage operations research teams.
- Work with clients, managers, and technical staff to understand business needs and translate these needs into technical models.
- Conduct studies and analysis related to medical manpower, logistics, capability development, force readiness, force mobilization, and related topics.
- Architect technical solutions to challenging organizational problems, considering analytical methods, data, and data and analytic infrastructure.
- Prepare white papers, concept papers, memorandums of agreement, impact statements, technical reports, meeting summaries, briefs, outlines, draft reports, publications, test results, and documentation to support strategic-level decisions.
- Develop professional communication products in technical and functional areas that communicate business value to the client. Includes briefings (oral and written), white papers, and reports.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering; Systems Engineering; Computer Science; Operations Research; Mathematics; Statistics; or other related STEM field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience (including academic) in a relevant field as described above.
- Demonstrated experience visioning technical solutions and guiding their implementation.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management concepts (e.g. PMP, Agile/Scrum, etc.).
- Able to analyze complex systems and processes.
- Demonstrated experience solving large-scale, complex problems using analytical methods.
- Foundational knowledge in key advanced analytic topics, such as: multi-variate statistics, simulation modeling, probability theory, decision theory, numerical optimization.
- Strong understanding of programming and algorithm development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to switch seamlessly between detailed technical tasks and strategic-level analysis.
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a SECRET-level security clearance.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Masters of Science degree in Industrial Engineering; Systems Engineering; Computer Science; Operations Research; Mathematics; Statistics; or other related STEM field.
- Experience working headquarters-level analytic projects within the Department of Defense.
- Experience working within the Military Health System.
- Experience working with DoD operational, readiness, or mobilization topics.
- Experience includes regular interaction with staff and senior leaders.
- Certified in one or more project management methods (e.g. PMP, Agile, etc.).
At JDSAT Inc., you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team with excellent career development opportunities. You will sharpen your knowledge on challenging projects with a great deal of autonomy while operating alongside other talented Operations Research and Data Science professionals. We like to cultivate our talent and promote from within by offering a variety of leadership and advancement opportunities throughout the company. We offer: above-market salaries; a competitive benefits package; a commitment to achieving the right work/life balance; and meaningful work to improve our employees and our clients.
JDSAT Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet. Strive for excellence with JDSAT Inc.!