Senior Operations Manager Of Ecommerce- Shepherdsville, KY
Shepherdsville , KY 40165
Posted 3 months ago
What you'll do
Jet's mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we've set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we're passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet's Internal Engine
We're building a new kind of company, and we're building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we're dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you're an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we'd love to talk to you about joining our team.
Competencies An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
Directs Logistical Operations
- Integrates knowledge of operational, safety, and customer issues and company and regulatory policies, standards, and procedures to develop and implement a comprehensive Logistics-related strategic plan. Executes processes and systems to promote and enforce compliance with regulatory policies, standards, and procedures related to Logistics operations. Develops and communicates procedures for general Logistics operations, handling accidents and emergencies, and maintaining equipment based on business objectives and company and regulatory standards. Creates an environment where managers and associates seek out, recommend, and implement ways to improve Logistics operations and ensure alignment with company and regulatory standards.
Judgment: Make Informed Judgments
- Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
Customer/Member Centered: Ensure Customer/Member Centered Performance
- Analyzes data and information, and develops plans to exceed customer/member expectations. Sponsors initiatives and practices that provide customers/members with desired products, services, and experiences and that grow the business. Ensures customers/members receive the level of service that builds their trust and confidence. Removes barriers to delivering customer/member value, service, and support.
Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results
- Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Leverages resources and talent to achieve business goals. Ensures others are held accountable for achieving expected results. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or results are not met.
Planning and Improvement: Ensure Planning and Improvement
- Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals, and helps others do the same. Plans for and ensures others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to accomplish business initiatives. Identifies and plans for improvement in performance using key business metrics.
Influence and Communicate: Build and Influence Team
- Develops and communicates logical, convincing reasons, including lessons learned, to build support for one's viewpoints and actions. Involves others in decisions and plans that affect them, when appropriate. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success. Ensures business priorities, change initiatives, and organizational information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Promotes the exchange of diverse experiences and ideas within own organization.
Ethics and Compliance: Ensure Ethics and Compliance
- Actively communicates, trains, and guides associates on compliance with policies and procedures. Maintains an environment that promotes and reinforces the highest standards of integrity and ethics. Anticipates potential issues and takes action to enhance compliance.
About The Job
Adaptability: Adapt and Learn
- Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
Social Responsibility and Reputation: Strengthen Reputation and Local Involvement
- Participates in and supports community events, and conducts business in a manner that creates and maintains a "good neighbor" image. Develops external relationships and partnerships to strengthen the reputation of the company. Serves as a credible and effective spokesperson and representative for the company.
Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent
- Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates.
Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally
- Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others.
Physical Activities The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Moves up and down stairs.
Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds without assistance.
Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Visually verifies information, often in small print.
Reads information, often in small print.
Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Work Environment Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 2 years experience in a senior management role within an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide OR 2 years experience as a Logistics Operations Manager including supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 4 years experience in a senior management role in an operations/distribution/logistics /retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide
- Both Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 3 years experience in a senior management role in an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide
- 2 years experience developing and managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, monitoring regulatory compliance, and analyzing financial/operational data
- 3 years experience as a Logistics Operations Manager including supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates
- 3 years senior-level experience managing multiple functional areas (e.g., receiving, shipping, QA, orderfilling) within a warehouse or Logistics network