Senior Node Js Engineer
Well Health Inc.
Santa Barbara , CA 93101
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We're WELL and were reinventing communication for the $3 trillion healthcare industry. Using WELL, patients engage with their healthcare teams on their schedule and based on their preferences.
We are well-funded and growing quickly. More than 1,000,000 patients use our platform to communicate with their physicians and other healthcare professionals. Our investors portfolios include companies like Intercom, Wag, Uber, and SurfAir.
As an early employee joining our 30+ person team, youll have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful difference in peoples lives by improving their everyday interactions with their healthcare providers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Collaborate with product to guide requirements and roadmap
- Build new services using open source technology and tools
- Drive quality by writing high quality, effective unit tests and functional tests for high availability systems and libraries.
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks
- Work with Typescript on Node.js services
- Work with Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Or equivalent)
- 4+ years designing and implementing backend services and distributed systems in a professional environment
- Strong knowledge of Node.js
- Strong grasp of JS fundamentals, ES6
- Proficiency in NoSQL (mongoDB, Redis) and SQL (PostgreSQL) database design
- Experienced working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experience configuring cloud infrastructure Commitment to TDD
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
- Experience or education in building apps with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Experience with
- Python & Tensor Flow
- Microservice architecture
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office