This position is for a Senior Mobile Network System Engineer that interfaces with customers on a regular basis that has technical leadership in a key company project. Key areas of support include site surveys, planning, initial system installations, and commissioning, fielded system support and troubleshooting, on-site system consulting, telephone support, and in some cases providing technical support for pre-sales efforts for GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring systems. The successful candidate is expected to work well on their own and within the broader organization. Multi-tasking skills are essential as well as a solid grasp of key communication technologies including Linux, TCP/IP, GSM, UMTS, and LTE. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be extremely customer oriented maintaining excellent working relationships inside the customer community.
· Participate in customer facing meetings to review operational status of deployed systems
· Provide system installation support including; packaging breakout and installation of equipment; create installation drawings/instructions, cable management (to include fiber, coaxial, and twisted pair); initial OS and application software installation; generate as-built documents; initial system configuration and equipment checkout for proper operation including system implementation and troubleshooting support as it relates to GSM, UMTS, and LTE network monitoring system elements.
· Provide ongoing support of installed base of systems; remote and on-site troubleshooting, software and hardware updates
· Travel to customer locations in northern VA area as needed to support deployed systems, lab operations, planning and support meetings
· Provide solution design recommendations; planning and coordinating large and small scale network projects within a multi-vendor infrastructure environment in voice and data telecommunication networks
· Provide multi-level on-site customer training as it pertains to survey, planning, and installing system functionality and system operation
· Locations for equipment installation are OCONUS and require TDY deployments anywhere from two weeks to 30-45 days in duration
· Provide network planning, lab testing, lab support and troubleshooting and system administration support as related to systems deployed in the field or in customer lab facilities
· As availability permits, support sales personnel in pre-sales activities for new business opportunities
· Write how-to’s and knowledge base articles
· Assist with subcontractor development efforts as required
· Occasionally provide 24/7 support
Ability to identify and analyze functional and operational requirements, and develop solutions to satisfy emerging needs.