Senior Media Relations Specialist
Seattle , WA 98121
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Perch Partners is a growing management consulting firm based in Seattle, serving clients nationwide. We work with companies ranging from startups to the Fortune 50. The firms mission is to build and grow the worlds most customer-focused and iconic companies in the world. Perchs General and Operating partners are former C-Suite executives from a diverse array of companies from Fortune 500 vanguards to VC-backed start-ups. Perchs associates are accomplished industry or segment specialists. We dive deep into our clients visions, customer bases and business objectives. We measure our success by the results we deliver and the relationships we create for our business partners. If you love the idea of building things that have global impact and thrive in a dynamic and intellectually challenging environment, Perch could be the place for you.
This senior media relations specialist will work closely with the firms partners, as well as with our clients. This person is a media relations maven with strong existing relationships with journalists. They love the thrill of the hunt, and are creative about connecting with journalists and getting them interested in story ideas. Were looking for an avid reader of all kinds of news who knows how to translate what they read into ideas for their own work. This is a rare opportunity to build experience across a diverse set of companies and industries and accelerate your professional growth. Its important to note that this position will be responsible for both strategy and execution. Depending on the management experience of the candidate, this position may or may not manage people.
- Develop and execute media relations plans, including creative story ideas specific sections and outlets for various clients and Perch Partners itself
- Create media lists and pitch journalists daily
- Work with journalists and clients to manage stories in progress
- Provide strategic counsel and support to clients regarding editorial media
- Research editorial calendars and conference opportunities
- Set goals, track, and report on media relations programs to clients
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and tools related to working with media
- Manage other media team members, if appropriate
Qualifications and experience:
- Extremely strong writing skills
- A proven track record of placing stories
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of media relations, including press releases, Q&A docs, embargoes, etc.
- Ability to integrate earned media strategy with social and paid media
- Comfortable solving problems, handling crises, and making decisions with imperfect information
- Bachelors degree or higher, and a minimum of five years relevant experience
Pluses, but not required:
- Ability to work with data to enhance storytelling and newsworthiness
- Combination of in-house and agency experience
- Experience launching products and/or services
- History of managing other team members
- Ambitious and hardworking. You want to build your career, and youre willing to put in the effort.
- Creative. Your ideas are unexpected and brilliant.
- Resourceful and innovative. You find a way to make it work.
- A systematic thinker. You love creating and adhering to processes. You think in terms of scale, not one-offs.
- Excellent judgment. You are savvy in the ways of business and reputation. You connect the dots.
- Organized and detail-oriented. You sweat the small stuff, and nothing falls through the cracks