Senior Mechanical Engineer
Santa Clara , CA 95050
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Flux is currently searching for a SeniorMechanical Engineer for one of our clients located in Santa Clara, CA. Our client is a global A/E-EPCM firm with more than 20 offices around the world and projects in more than 30 countries. Projects include program management services from site selection through design, construction, commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer responsible for detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Execute mechanical design from conceptual design and criteria development through construction document production and provide engineering support during construction.
- Develop mechanical system layouts, equipment sizing, selection and associated specification and scope of work write-up.
- Perform plumbing and/or schematic fire protection design on selected projects.
- Design of air systems, fans, ducting and dampers.
- Design of hydronic systems.
- Developing construction contract documents.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises occasional judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- Reviews work with supervisor to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Performs design work on AutoCAD and Revit modeling software.
- Use design software including Trane Trace Load 700, Handsdown Psychrometric analysis, PIPE-FLOW and TRIFLEX.
- Attend and participate in design reviews (internal/external) as necessary.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited school, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and PE tracked.
- Oral and written skills that are adequate to communicate with the project team (including client, in some cases).
- Must have ability to interface with customers to define scope of work and basis of design.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems control philosophy including P&ID development.
- In-Depth Knowledge of HVAC, Pumping, Chiller and Boiler systems, including design and operation.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of pump hydraulics required.
- Knowledge of PIPE-FLO or similar hydraulic modeling software desired.
- Knowledge of piping support design a plus.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis highly desirable. This includes both manual calculations and computer simulations.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors.
- Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Flux Resources LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.