Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer Technician
Billerica , MA 01821
Posted 2 months ago
Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics and were off to a great start. Weve partnered with the worlds largest retailer to develop our Alphabot technology, which will enable a new form of retail store. To succeed, we need to grow our team. We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation is seeking a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer Technician to provide direct, hands-on input to the development of test equipment requirements, design and assist with the development of ATEs (Automated Test Equipment), and provide direct support to verify performance using gage R&R.
You'll work closely with the mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing engineering teams to directly support and maintain manufacturing test processes for Alerts new and existing products to ensure a successful product launch. This position will perform the critical task of supporting new and existing product test stands to ensure they are optimized for manufacturing test and quality. This position will also provide hands-on support for deployed test equipment, fixtures, and test processes by interfacing with our global supply chain and contract manufacturers.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
- Providing hands-on support to develop the Manufacturing Test systems for volume manufacturing
- Supporting the process to optimize each test standard to meet the requirements for new and unique products to achieve the lowest possible defect escape rate for the lowest integral test costs balancing test coverage requirements
- Champion maintaining and servicing manufacturing test; helping to meet schedules, creation & implementation of test equipment and processes along with supporting documentation according to project requirements
- Working within NPI projects to ensure optimal test coverage, programmability and adjustability by working closely with a cross-functional R&D team and global manufacturers
- Supporting product and process implementation/changes between global manufacturers, design and manufacturing engineering teams
- Creating test/programming equipment and test system documentation and maintain associated regulation compliance and controls
- Capturing and analyzing product test yield data, driving continuous improvement in test equipment design, product design, manufacturing process and test
- Providing technical hands-on support to manage new feature implementation across all test platforms and deployments.
- Establishing validation plans, manage the execution and create the compliant validation records for test designs and test deployments
- Utilizing Alert Innovations business systems to control bill of materials, provide hands-on technical support for engineering change orders, and interface to our supply chain process
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience developing, validating and deploying multiple product test systems for medium to high volume manufacturing
- Experienced with, or educated in, direct hands-on technical support for manufacturing test
- 1+ years of experience with programming, debugging and testing in National Instruments LabVIEW, TestStand, Python (C++ or Visual Basic)
- 5+ years of experience working with DMMs, DAQ, oscilloscopes, power sources/loads, power meters, relays
- 5+ years of experience with communication protocols like Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, RS232, RS485, CAN
- Ability to interpret/read development needs for hardware and software system requirements
- Skill in extracting and manipulating data from databases
- Experience supporting the creation of tests for digital electronic designs with hardware and software functions
- Familiarity with common types of sensors, motors, and other common automation components expected to have a working understanding of how they work, and common failure modes
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical, electrical and controls diagrams.
- Hands-on debugging skills
- Associate degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering and 10+ years of related test development experience in robotics and/or automation or equivalent
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on their first date of employment, that includes:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal, and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To learn more, visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.