Senior Manufacturing Equipment Reliability Engineer-Aerospace
KP Recruiting Group
SALT LAKE CITY , UT 84101
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Evaluate discrepant hardware for repair or replacement. Conduct root cause/corrective action investigation using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc., and implement corrective action plans. Ensure that all assigned equipment are working at their utmost performance level and provide quick response analysis on issues that arise with the mechanical and or electrical systems. Reviews existing equipment such as Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant air compressors, Filament Winding Machines, 5-Axis Machining Centers, etc. and becomes completely familiar with the OEMs manufacturing build protocol as it relates to machine function. Troubleshoot existing processes to improve Safety, Quality, Cost and Efficiency. Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place as it relates to the mechanical and electrical systems and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis.
This position is a Senior Level Reliability Engineer working to ensure that all assigned equipment in factories totaling over 400,000 square feet perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime. Considerable latitude for independent action and decision making is provided. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production. You will prepare presentations and reports detailing the Operational Equipment Effectiveness on all machines assigned. You will aid in developing standard specifications for all future equipment purchases. Represent the Facilities Engineering Department at change control board to determine impact of proposed changes.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with in depth knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing equipment such as 5-Axis Machining Centers, Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Filament Winding Machines, etc. (education will be verified)
- Minimum of4 years experience in troubleshooting high rate manufacturing equipment mechanical and electrical systems, as well as PLCs.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills as it relates to mechanical and electrical aspects of manufacturing equipment.
- Strong background in operating and troubleshooting Allen Bradley control systems.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and conduct meetings with the senior staff.
- Experience in installing and commissioning industrial equipment such as CNC Machining Centers, Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant Air Compressors, Plant Vacuum Pumps, etc.
- Experience in lean manufacturing.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude with the desire to learn new skills outside of normal work duties, such as software diagnostics and electronics.