Senior Manager Of Data Science
Austin , TX 78758
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Do you have a proven track record leading data science teams and delivering compelling insights using creative and rigorous data science methods? Join the Cognite Industry Applications and Data Science team! The team you will lead is responsible for designing, implementing and deploying game changing solutions that will power the next generation of service and support for Cognite customers. The Data Science team is a high energy group that is seeking the best talent in the industry to bring the right skills and capabilities to power our digital transformation. This team is on the forefront of utilizing data, business insights, analytics, AI and machine learning models to drive significant improvement in the quality of the Customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Define the strategy, execution plan and talent requirements to build a world class team that will deliver data science solutions for the Services business
- Lead the Services Data Science team in defining, prioritizing and delivering AI/Machine Learning solutions
- Serve as a Center of Excellence for the development and deployment of decision modeling capability across the Services business
- Oversee hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets that enable engineering and field operations outcomes
- Work side-by-side with product managers, customer success managers, solution architects, data engineers, and data analysts in creating data science products and governance programs.
- Put Customers first in every interaction, know you are an integral part in serving Cognite customers or serving those who support them
- Respect and value the differences in the team and be inclusive of diversity, as the role is global in reach and context- Be an active listener and a strong communicator, recognize and celebrate success with the team
- Leverage multi-faceted motivational skills to garner the best results for direct team and cross functional teams
Who You Are
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of a Technical Bachelors degree and work experience
- 5+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill or equivalent experience
- Proficient in big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig) and NoSQL (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, HBase)
- Ability to take complex data and drive business decisions at the Executive Level
- A strategic understanding of how data science might inform specific client problems and the potential internal and external audiences for the projects. Experience managing data-driven projects, from project ideation to deployment
- Strong planning skills (operational & financial), understanding of data/decision sciences, executive level presentation skills, collaborative engagement, political savvy, and knowledge of analytic programs/platforms driving business intelligence
- Knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field
- Programming knowledge or management of teams who retrieve, analyze and process data, and build machine learning models from the ground up (SQL, Python, R, Java, Scala)
- Experience applying the right machine learning model to solve business problems
What Makes Us Great
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join Together@Cognite for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on agility and speed, openness, togetherness, impact, and obligation to speak up
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite --> watch some of our Cognite Voices | Carlo Caso, Katrine Tjlsen, Petter Reistad.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Compensation+ 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- FriYay Catered Lunch + Fully Stocked Fridges
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in Japan and America, Cognite has garnered the attention and partnership of some of the world's top industrial and tech companies, and the companys success has been profiled in publications like Boston Consulting Group, Bloomberg, Digital Energy Journal, and Houston Chronicle. Google awarded Cognite Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year 2019 for Manufacturing and Austin Business Journal named Cognite 2020 Best Places to Work.