Senior Manager/ Director Of Software & Data Engineering
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
About the Company
Cubii is on a mission to build the most approachable wellness brand for every bodii. We do this by building healthii habits that empower people to take control of their health & propel their journey to living better. Our flagship product is a series of compact seated ellipticals that integrate movement into everyday life at office or homes. With over 600,000+ users, and 300% YoY growth, the brand is growing rapidly and has an engaged, loyal customer base. With direct to consumer being a large part of the business, Cubii has access to thousands of its customers. Cubiis products are award winning and the company was included as part of Incs Fastest Growing Companies in America in both 2019 & 2020.
Were seeking a Senior Manager or Director of Engineering to lead our Mobile App and Data engineering teams to accomplish strategic company/product objectives. This role will report to the VP of Product and will be instrumental in setting the long term product and technical direction for Cubii data and software offerings. If you are energized by leading teams, partnering cross functionally, architecting cloud/data infrastructure and building great software products that make a real difference in peoples lives, then this role is for you!
- Partner with the VP of Product to define the mobile app product and data platform roadmap/vision
- Plan, design and build Cubiis data and analytics platform for supporting the future state strategy where all exercise equipment will be connected
- Deliver innovative mobile app features and capabilities that assist our users in their health and wellness journeys
- Manage multiple teams of engineers toward accomplishing product and technology objectives
- Implement necessary team structures, cadences and best practices for optimal development cycles
- Recruit, manage and coach the engineers on your teams
- Must be hands on and willing to get into the code at this early stage!
Skills & Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience building software in an engineering role (B2C Mobile, Data, Analytics and/or Cloud Architecture preferred)
- Demonstrated experience building, scaling and managing engineering teams
- Comfortable in ambiguous and fast paced environments (startup experience preferred)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with Swift5 (iOS) and Kotlin (Android)
- Proficiency in AWS cloud architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage distributed product/design/engineering teams in an Agile environment to rapidly produce results
- Experience collaborating cross functionally with Product, Design, Sales, Marketing and Customer Success
- Experience working with IoT, BLE or Wi-Fi connectivity is strongly preferred