Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Boston , MA 02115
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a nifty startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug-discovery. As DeepCures Senior Machine Learning Scientist you will be at the heart of designing our transformative AI platform, work on the biggest challenges in the pharma industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the companys scientific vision ensuring we are constantly pushing the bar of what is possible.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from the MIT Media Lab, develops disruptive Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine drug development as if it was designed today, with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries, and without the existing biases. Our goal is to redefine the way we discover new drugs by improving the breadth and accuracy of pre-clinical drug development and saving up to 80% of the pre-clinical time and cost. More importantly, we save lives by designing algorithms that can find highly effective drugs which do not exist in any current drug library and are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing conventional drug discovery pipeline.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Pioneer future development and technical execution of DeepCures AI solutions.
- Collaborate closely with DeepCures Computational Chemistry and Drug Development teams to maximize the impact of our AI capabilities.
- Perform research to design, implement, and validate novel Deep Learning models to expand our product capabilities.
- Act as the subject matter expert for anything statistics-based (from shallow learning methods to deep learning and reinforcement learning)
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Deep passion for Artificial Intelligence and the future of drug development, as well as a desire to play a pivotal role in a nascent startup.
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related discipline with at least 3 years industrial/post-doctoral experience.
- Strong publication record, preferably at peer-reviewed AI conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICML, ICCV, and ACL).
- A mission-driven attitude and natural problem-solving ability.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset with sound scientific judgment.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and readily adopt new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Ability to design and quickly prototype machine learning projects from data collection to model architecture to validation experiments.
- Demonstrated experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Well-funded startup with exceptional ambitions, competitive salary, and generous stock options.
- Have a huge impact in a small entrepreneurial team.
- Access to comprehensive medical insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Back Bay.