Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Boston , MA 02108
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A stellar opportunity to join the core team of a nifty startup: join DeepCure and have a massive impact on redefining drug-discovery.
DeepCure, founded by a team of researchers from MIT, develops Artificial Intelligence to revolutionize pharmaceutical development. We reimagine the drug development pipeline as if it was designed today: with access to the latest breakthroughs in Deep Learning, Cloud Computing, and our proprietary database of one trillion chemistries. Our mission is to save lives by enabling the discovery of highly effective drugs that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by any existing drug discovery pipeline. By improving the breadth, accuracy, cycle time, and cost of pre-clinical drug development we turn that mission into reality.
We are searching for an experienced machine learning scientist to join our team and help us research, design, and implement transformative AI algorithms.
In this role you will:
- Research, implement and validate novel Deep Learning architectures in the domain of computational chemistry and cheminformatics.
- Design and develop the core machine learning algorithms that power DeepCure's AI platform.
- Collaborate closely with DeepCures Computational Chemistry and Drug Discovery teams .
- Mentor, learn, and share cross-disciplinary knowledge with others along the way.
- Strong passion for using machine learning to improve our world.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline, or a Master's degree with at least 3 years of industry experience.
- A strong understanding of the underlying math and statistical learning concepts in modern machine learning techniques.
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to prototype data processing and modeling workflows, preferably in Python
A perfect candidate has:
- A track record of developing novel machine learning solutions for real-life problems, preferably in the life sciences domain
- Familiarity with a variety of machine learning architectures such as CNNs, RNNs, Autoencoders, GANs, Transformers, etc.
- Publications or research in fields related to artificial intelligence.
- Comfort with modern software development practices (Git, Issue tracking, code-review, CI/CD, etc).
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with occasional work-from-home options.
- Unlimited paid leave and sick time.
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans, with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage.
- Commuter benefit for public transportation.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston.
- Snacks and drinks in the office.
Most importantly, you'll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.