Senior Level Environmental Geologist/Scientist
Las Cruces , NM 88001
Posted 2 months ago
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Level Environmental Geologist/Scientist in Las Cruces, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Navarro is seeking an experienced, full-time senior level environmental geologist or scientist whose primary duties will be related to the performance of environmental investigations at the NASA White Sands Test Facility (WSTF). Major responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of investigation work plans for multi-media RCRA corrective action investigations in accordance with NASA requirements and applicable regulations.
- Project leadership activities such as developing internal project plans, schedules, and cost estimates for environmental investigations and coordinating with NASA project managers to successfully execute plans following regulatory approval.
- Directing and/or performing sample/data collection during investigations of groundwater, soil, and soil vapor.
- Monitoring and directing technicians and subcontractors during investigation fieldwork, such as borehole installations, environmental sample collection, and management of contaminated environmental media.
- Evaluation, interpretation, and management of field and analytical data collected during investigations to inform internal and external stakeholders, as well as providing support for regulatory interaction related to environmental investigations and subsequent reporting.
- Preparation, collection, and retention of paper and electronic records associated with ongoing and historical environmental investigations.
- Supporting human and ecological health risk assessments and NEPA reviews.
- Developing statements of work and related procurement documentation for environmental investigation and restoration projects.
- Collection and management of geographical information system (GIS) data to support interpretation and graphical representation of environmental data for technical and regulatory communication.
- Utilizing WSTFs existing ArcGIS infrastructure to prepare maps and related figures to support environmental investigations
- Developing, maintaining, improving, and running simulations with WSTFs existing groundwater model using MODFLOW-SURFACT and Groundwater Vistas.
- Working with subcontractors to facilitate the above activities.
The successful candidate must be committed to working safely, supporting Navarros goal of zero occupational illnesses, injuries, or environmental releases; and emphasizing safe working practices when overseeing field activities. Fieldwork comprises up to 50% of the assignments and involves standing for long periods, bending, walking, stooping, lifting moderate loads, occasional shift work in excess of the standard WSTF 9-hour day, and potential exposure to adverse outdoor weather conditions. Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelors degree in geology, environmental science, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of ten years of applicable experience.
- Masters degree in a related field is desirable
- Working knowledge of MODFLOW modeling software and ArcGIS.
- Preference will be given to a candidate with significant applicable field experience and demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an integrated team is necessary, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HAZWOPER investigations and environmental regulations (CFR, RCRA, NEPA, CERCLA, TSCA, and EPA corrective action guidance) is an asset.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen (or be authorized to work in the U.S.), have a valid driver license, and be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. A minimum of three personal or professional references is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability