Senior Java Architect
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 5 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Full Time, Exempt
The Senior Java Architect is responsible for designing and implementing various material handling subsystems in a state-of-the-art Material Control System (MCS) that controls and coordinates a fleet of mobile robots, material induction and dispensing equipment, statistical and visualization displays, and interfaces with external systems. You would draw upon your extensive experience developing and architecting object-oriented, multi-threaded, highly scalable software solutions in the Java language and Java EE framework to lead a team of talented developers to provide these solutions.
The Senior Java Architect position requires taking personal ownership to design, document, implement, and test software components within a complex system. You must be able to quickly comprehend a very large application and framework, learn principles and development techniques unique to material handling, and maintain a coherent design as you mentor other team members to do the same. You are equally comfortable as architect, technical contributor, and mentor in a growing multi-disciplinary team.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
- Enjoying teaching and mentoring others
- Working with a team and inspiring team members to continually produce the highest standard of work and create robust solutions
- Broadening your skillset
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collaborate both inter-team and cross-functionally to deploy Java software solutions
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements
- Collaborate with other architects to devise subsystem designs that are coherent to the system software vision
- Provide code reviews and other forms of feedback to ensure software quality
- Provide accurate task timelines
- Integrate third-party libraries where appropriate
- Develop modular, well documented code
- Enhance the existing framework
- Participate in an architecture council
- Create software acceptance tests
- Work with customers, vendors, or other technical or non-technical stakeholders to assess software needs and performance
- Investigate new technologies
- Mentor junior engineers
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience leading teams of developers
- Strong familiarity with Java EE architecture (JDBC, JMS, JTA, JPA)
- Experience deploying software on a Java EE application server, preferably JBoss
- Familiar with various flavors of databases, preferably MySQL and MariaDB
- Knowledgeable in material handling, control, and/or warehouse management systems (OHTs, AGVs, RGVs, CTVs) is a plus
- Comfortable in an agile, collaborative team environment
- Experience deploying and supporting software in a rigorous production environment
- MS in Computer Science or the equivalent of training or experience
- 10 years of experience architecting and developing Java software systems
TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.