Title: Senior IT Specialist (# 9790470)Location:Richardson,TXJob Type: ContractDuration: 12 monthsResponsibilities:
* Support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of server based applications.
* Analyzes server requirements from functional specifications.
* Automate and enhance deployment processes.
* Work with developers to deploy and troubleshoot new applications.
* Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Be a problem solver, think independently when required and arrive as workable solutions to unexpected problems when they arise. Requirements:
* Experience administering Enterprise Applications
* Functional understanding of networking concepts; routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, proxy services, & protocols (TCP, UPD, HTTP, TLS, SIP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP)
* General software programming knowledge
* Should be able to read pseudo-code
* Experience with Windows & Linux Server operating systems
* Experience with UNIX shell and Windows PowerShell scripting
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
* Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Ability to manage one or multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to troubleshoot server and application installations
* Understanding of Disaster Recovery planning
* Customer service focused with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to effectively work with customers, coworkers, vendors and supervisorsPreferred Experience:
* Experience with Windows Servers 2012/2016
* Experience with Red Hat Linux
* Experience using Visual Studio
* Experience with CA SiteMinder
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
* Experience with working in firewalled environments
* Experience with Azure / AWS a plus
The Fountain Group