Senior IT Security Analyst
BH Solutions Group, Inc., Executive Recruiting
Cleveland , OH 44101
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Senior IT Security Analyst
BH Solutions Group, Inc, an Executive Recruiting and Consulting firm located in Akron, OH.
Currently assisting a Cleveland based manufacturing company with their search for a Senior IT Security Analyst focused on Endpoint performs two core functions for the enterprise. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place endpoint security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security concerns detected by those systems. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability assessments. The Senior IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the enterprises security goals as established by policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Responsibilities for the Senior IT Security Analyst
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise endpoint security architecture, under the direction of the IT Security Manager, where appropriate.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures) under the direction of the IT Security Manager, where appropriate.
- Develop and communicate policies, procedures, and plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders regarding technology and industry-specific laws.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors regarding Endpoint platforms (including Windows 10, macOS, and iOS devices).
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions and any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprises security documents specifically.
- Maintain up-to-date security baselines for the secure configuration and operation of security tools and endpoint devices in use within the organization, with a primary focus on Windows 10, macOS, and iOS.
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
- Monitor all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Assist with the implementation, support, and maintenance of endpoint security solutions, including antivirus, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), host-based firewalls, and other endpoint systems.
- Review logs and reports of in-place systems, with a focus on systems maintained by Information Security and endpoint systems that are maintained outside of Information Security. Interpret the implications of that activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity, with a focus on endpoint systems.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments and security audits of endpoint systems.
- Provide on-call support for in-place security solutions.
- Collaborate with IT, security, human resources, and legal to ensure full legal compliance of company policies, procedures, forms, notices, and materials.
- Maintain a strong awareness of legislative changes or amendments in order to ensure ongoing and future compliance.
- Advocate companys compliance policies via regular written and in-person communications.
- Ensure that information security measures and equipment adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in investigations and resolve or identify solutions to address security concerns.
- Assist in development and implementation of technical security policies, with a focus on endpoint devices.
- Assist with the development of new security tools and standards, including both hardware and software.
- Assist in the analysis of security, OS, and application logs and alerts to assess, prioritize and differentiate between potential security incidents and normal behavior.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work that helps the team succeed.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employee opportunity policy.
Requirements for the Senior IT Security Analyst
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in IT related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred CISSP, GIAC, or CompTIA Security+ certifications.
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 5+ years of Windows 7/10 workstation technologies and associated management systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, Ivanti, SCCM, or Intune.
- 1+ year Powershell scripting experience preferred.
- Experience with the configuration of Windows, macOS, or iOS devices.
- Familiarity with industry standard security benchmarks (e.g. CIS or NIST) for endpoint devices preferred.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, and developing IT security technologies.
- Experience identifying and implementing secure solutions to complex business problems.
- Understanding of common threats, penetration/intrusion techniques and attack vectors.
- Understanding of various endpoint and server operating systems, including Window Server 2012 & 2016, Windows 7 & 10, macOS, iOS, UNIX, Linux, etc.)
- Experience supporting endpoint security solutions, such as McAfee, Symantec, CrowdStrike, etc.
- Experience with Windows virtualization-based security capabilities, such as Device Guard, Credential Guard, or Application Guard.
- Experience evaluating cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience utilizing cybersecurity industry standards such as CIS or NIST to develop secure standards for Windows, macOS, iOS, and/or Office 365.
- Understanding of CVSS, CVE, CWE, CPE, CCE, CWE, OVAL, SCAP and/or other standards.
- Demonstrated experience with common penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools such as nmap, Wireshark, Qualys, Nessus, or Metasploit.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms such as VMWare, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, Docker, and/or Rancher.
- Experience utilizing SIEM solutions (Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, LogRythm, etc.) to search system logs for troubleshooting or security investigation purposes.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Office 365.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment. 10% travel as required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required with on-call availability.
This position may sit in Cleveland or Minneapolis office.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.