Senior IT Project Manager - Portland, ME U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No Corp to Corp.
This role will be dealing with teams who are more familiar with waterfall type delivery processes so Agile is not a must have. It would be a nice to have, but it is important for folks who are agile purests to know this, since it probably would not be the best fit for them
This role will be focused on Infrastructure projects
The projects you will be running are global in nature and require a lot of end user change management and communication skills
This person needs to have very strong executive presentation skills they will be interfacing with Directors and VPs regularly
VIEW JOBS11/19/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-17T00:00Job Posting End Date: 12/18
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:This is the fourth in a five-level career path. Individuals in this position are responsible for applying appropriate knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet large, complex, cross-functional project requirements involving business applications, either automated or non-automated. Project activities include but are not limited to: establishing clear and achievable objectives, planning and directing people to reach the objectives, balancing competing demands for quality, scope, time, and cost, and adapting to different concerns and expectations of stakeholders. They should be able to manage a project without extensive knowledge of the subject matter. This position is responsible for mentoring others and contributing to continual improvement of project management knowledge and skill at the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Delivers results for medium and large cross-functional project initiatives within established timeframes and quality measures.
* Utilizes advanced level project management skills and extensive knowledge of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies to manage assigned projects.
* Consults with business leaders to translate a project idea into a defined project with goals, objectives and scope.
* Identifies resources needed, negotiates with people managers as required to lead a project team, ensuring clarity of project roles and responsibilities, so that all project plans are completed within defined timeframes, meeting objectives and strategic goals.
* Develops and implements communication and reporting mechanisms to manage issues, risks, and timely delivery of initiative results. Translates project goals and objectives into a defined future state and project success measures that can be understood by project stakeholders, project team, and others.
* Ensures business needs and objectives are effectively captured in functional and non-functional business requirements for a system, process, or workflow.
* Oversees business requirements to meet expected business solutions and traces delivery of requirements through testing to final implementation. Generally, understands business requirement management and quality management in order to provide expected business solutions. Manages project quality through activities such as conducting appropriate reviews, obtaining approvals, and taking corrective action when necessary, with mentoring by a more experienced program manager, if applicable.
* Ensures that project documentation is complete, current and archived appropriately.
* Articulates project management best practices with peer group and others within Unum, as applicable.
* Contributes to adjustments to the corporate system development methodology.
* Proactively identifies barriers and resolves issues, determining contingency plans (executing as needed), while mitigating risk. Escalates issues to appropriate audiences for awareness and/or additional support.
* Proactively establishes and maintains cooperative, productive cross-functional partnerships on current projects and deliverables and prepares for future project opportunities.
* Promotes the benefits of change and acts as a catalyst for change across the corporation and adapts to changes imposed by others.
* Organizes and directs the activities of cross-functional project teams. Prioritize tasks to meet deliverables and commitments on time. Ensures that project members' time and experience is well utilized. Recommends alternatives/options to minimize any schedule delay.
* Shares project experience/knowledge and mentors others across the corporation to help build project management skills.
* Bachelors degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
* Has 6+ years of experience with a focus in finance, project management, systems, or IT is preferred
* PMP designation is preferred
* Extensive knowledge/understanding of SDLC methodologies
* Extensive knowledge of logical data model/management
* Extensive knowledge of Unum's products and businesses is preferred
* Effectively uses technical project management tools
* Exceptional ability to work effectively in a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
* Exceptional initiative and ability to set stretch goals
* Exceptional ability to negotiate effectively with business and IT partners on business requirements and timeframes on large initiatives
* Exceptional ability to rally support among peers and work effectively in challenging situations
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to balance the need to gather detail with the need to solve the problem
* Exceptional general management skills including:
* Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
* Facilitation and elicitation skills
* Exceptional consultative advisory skills
* Exceptional ability to effectively articulate difficult ideas and concepts through clear and concise verbal or written communication
* Exceptional ability to identify and apply different communication mediums based on content and audience at all levels (both internal and external to Unum) to achieve intended goal
* Has advanced PC skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.).
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
VIEW JOBS11/20/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-18T00:00<strong>Job Responsibilities:</strong><br />
Assist in proper project planning, value-added engineering means and methods, developing work packages and preparing production indicators/benchmarks, and developing the master schedule.<br />
Ensure proper environmental permits are in place (identify any state or local laws relating to environmental compliance); Educate our team to ensure understanding and compliance with permit requirements.<br />
Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors. Verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings and specifications.<br />
Provide engineering input to daily job log.<br />
Interpret production goals from work packages for craft supervisors, ensuring full understanding to enable daily communication of productivity goals to crews executing the work.<br />
Verify quantity tracking data and measure productivity.<br />
Track progress of the major Vendors and Subcontractors to ensure that materials are manufactured and delivered in a timely fashion as not to impact the project schedule.<br />
Maintain the project schedule to aid project leadership in knowing where they are and making decisions for how to achieve project goals, with input from others.<br />
Generate and maintain the project submittal log, Requests For Information log, and correspondence with client/owner.<br />
Generate and maintain contract compliance listings, buyout logs, and procurement reports.<br />
Identify, document, and estimate costs of extra work activities, which were not anticipated in original scope and provide proper notification and financial reporting of change orders. Establish and maintain a project change order log that ties to the UAR.<br />
Coordinate the transmittal and subsequent approval of all submittals to the Owner/Engineer. <br />
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Requires a 4 year degree in engineering or construction management with a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in heavy construction.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods): craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, estimating, schedules and safety required.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.</li>
<b>Requirement Questions:</b><br />
<b> </b><br />
1. 5+ years of experience as a project manager in a heavy construction setting?<br />
2. Currently located in Maine, New Hampshire, or Mass?<br />
VIEW JOBS11/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-10T00:00Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve atone of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Project Manager Sr.
Must be located in one of the following locations or within 50 miles for a remote arrangement: Richmond-VA, Indianapolis-IN, Virginia Beach-VA, Mason-OH, Midland-GA, Tampa-FL, Middletown-NY, South Portland-ME, Denver-CO, Fond du Lac-WI
The Project Manager Sr. will manage multiple projects of varying sizes and duration including large projects from a global perspective that incorporates both the business and technical aspects of the project. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
* In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager this position coaches and mentors project team members;
* Mentors other project managers;
* Determines project scope;
* Develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans;
* Develops training plans;
* Develops requirements documents;
* Develops project approval matrix;
* Identifies project team training and tool needs;
* Defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for services and products;
* Coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for vendor partners and global resources firms;
* Defines quality gates for each project methodology phase;
* Defines critical success factors;
* Establishes and manages the project warranty period as assigned.
Requires a BA/BS in a related field; Minimum of 5 years professional project management experience required during which at least 3 years are spent leading and directing project tasks, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.