Senior Inventory Demand Analyst
San Diego , CA 92122
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Senior Inventory Demand Analyst at GovX, Inc. will support the business with best in class processes including collection, analysis, and presentation of results to inform and improve GovXs data-driven inventory management. GovX best serves our members by purchasing products desired by and relevant to the GovX member through an application of insight and prediction of business demands. The Senior Inventory Demand Analyst is a creative problem solver who will devise workable plans and implement them as they relate to the business owned inventory.
- Gather data, analyze information including sales, returns and inventory and develop strategic demand and purchasing conclusions
- Communicate via reports and metrics proposed inventory strategy and purchasing recommendations clearly and effectively to senior business executives
- Uncover and contribute new opportunities to solve business problems with data-driven tools
- Solicit and develop in-depth analysis and compare forecasts and actual demand across multiple categories, brands to identify issues and opportunities
- Proactively review forecast models and evaluate results, researching and reconciling variances to demand plans, then re-defining modeling to incorporate updated assumptions
- Identify and leverage best practices and systems usage to work accurately and timely
- Balance on hand and on order inventory across multiple distribution centers
- Analyze and reconcile monthly 3PL statements for accuracy and to identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings
- Identify trends for high and low sellers, conversion issues, merchandising updates
- Debrief on marketing/sale campaigns as it relates to inventory product
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 plus years experience in e-commerce buying and analytical demand planning background
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Planning and Forecasting system experience
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including Pivot Tables, charts, and applying formulas to add operational value to data sets
- Quantitative analytical skills, ability to form conclusions using numerical data
- Systems aptitude knows how and when to use systems to make decisions
- Technical knowledge understands retail forecasting definitions and formulas
- Sense of ownership and urgency, proactive identification of opportunities and risks
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Operates with passion, urgency, focus and discipline
- Ability to work autonomously exercising independent judgement and decision making on complex issues as well as under management supervision
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role occasionally must lift and carry the office equipment. Occasional evening, night and weekend shifts are required.
- Physical - This is largely a sedentary role.
- Mental Problem solving, making decisions, interpret data, organize, read/write.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- No boring days. Fast paced environment at an eCommerce company growing exponentially year over year.
- Work for a company with a greater social mission. We work to serve those who serve our country and communities every day.
- 401K with company matching available.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Coverage. Flexible Spending Account FSA also available.
- Flexible time off policy and paid holidays.
- Work with amazing people.