Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer
Austin , TX 73301
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At Self Financial Inc, our mission is to help millions of people establish and build credit - especially those who are considered underserved or credit invisible. This is a rare chance to join a successful, venture backed startup based in Austin.
Developing a successful fintech company requires deep collaboration across our teams, dedication, and truly disrupting the way the industry thinks about things. Our team is passionate about empowering people to take control of their credit and challenging the status quo of accessing and building credit. Understanding our consumers is core to our growth in the years to come.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
As a Security Engineer, you'll be empowered to shape the security of our IT and infrastructure that will allow thousands of people to build credit now and enable us to offer even more financial products in the future. Since our operations team is small, you'll be wearing many hats, but focused on improving our IT, compliance, and infrastructure security programs.
Some reasons why you might want to work with us:
- You want to work in a secure financial environment without the overhead of an aging stack
- You like the idea of helping people start (or restart) their financial journey
- You want to shape the technology infrastructure of a rapidly growing startup
- You love thinking about security
- You like working on difficult engineering problems
- You prefer a fast-paced environment, but care deeply about quality results
What you'll be doing:
- Work with teams across the company to build out security best practices
- Maintain and improve our AWS cloud network/infrastructure security
- Participate in our on-call operations and monitoring pool
- Stay up to date on trends in the software and security communities
- Harden our infrastructure against malicious attacks of all kinds
- Harden our internal IT security processes and technology
- Adding monitoring tools across our stack to improve detection of security threats and potential downtime
You don't need everything below, but we want you to have some experience working with a modern technology stack and the motivation to keep learning.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working as an infrastructure security engineer
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS or similar cloud computing environment
- 2+ years working with IT security and access management
- Experience in developing and debugging in at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python/Bash)
- Experience using modern web application frameworks
- Experience with multiple areas of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, CloudFront)
- Working knowledge of DNS, HTTP, SSL, WebSockets (web-related protocols)
- Knowledge of cryptographic primitives and how they can be safely used
- Familiar with the challenges of processing security events at scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills