Senior Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Design and build distributed infrastructure services which enable multiple applications for the rapid member growth at Vida.
- Re-architect and enhance existing services in a monolith to a distributed architecture - search, content services etc.
- Collaborate across the company to design back end models and APIs for use by applications
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speed and quality
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Build tools, frameworks, and platforms for various SDLC stages (build, deploy etc.) as well as operational aspects (logging, monitoring, metrics measurement)
- Mentor interns and junior team members in technical and teamwork skills
- Take vague problem statements from the product team, and work with design, mobile/frontend, and your infra teammates to plan and architect out a specific, actionable plan the entire team can execute on.
- Demonstrate strong ownership of your work: test and validate it during release, continue monitoring it after launch, and understand how users actually use it by analyzing our metrics and tracking data
- Strong object oriented skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with object oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, Python, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), NoSQL, database architecture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A relentless focus on delivering maximum value to the end user
- Ownership mindset: Be excited about monitoring and alerting on your systems, be ready to query your own tracking data to find out how your feature is doing
Senior Software Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Has a track record of delivering high quality products/services, meeting agreed to commitments consistently with quality.