Senior Infosec Engineer
Atlanta , GA 30342
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The InfoSec team is responsible for the security of our SaaS platform and the SDLC tooling employed by our engineering teams. The InfoSec team works very closely with our DevOps team, and most InfoSec engineering projects include a DevOps engineer. We are heavily focused on infrastructure-as-code, system immutability, and automation in public cloud environments. Our mission is to make everyones work life easier, and we are proud of our ability to rapidly prototype and deploy secure solutions which improve the velocity and capabilities of our technology organization.
As a Senior InfoSec Engineer you will primarily be working with our engineering teams, helping develop secure applications and infrastructure following industry best practices. You will also help guide the evolution of our security patterns and practices to ensure they continue to meet the ever-changing needs of both our engineering teams and our clients.
- Evaluate and engineer security systems and controls to protect eVestment processes and infrastructure
- Partner with engineering teams to implement security best practices within our SDLC pipelines
- Partner with business leaders to develop practices and policies which combine organizational requirements with security best practices
- Partner with client support teams to help explain the technical aspects of eVestment security policies to clients
- Expert knowledge in security patterns and industry best practices
- Deep knowledge of security processes and technologies (WAF, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Scanning, etc)
- Deep knowledge in either Windows or Linux operating system fundamentals
- Working knowledge of public cloud automation technologies
- Working knowledge in at least one high level programming or scripting language
- Prior experience securing cloud-based infrastructure
- Background in security engineering, devops engineering, systems administration, or software development
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manners
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and personal motivation
- Production experience with Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines
- Production experience with microservice architectures and SDLC pipelines
- Production experience with AWS-native technologies
- Completion of security certifications such as CISSP or GIAC (GCWN, GCIA, GPEN, etc)
Who is eVestment?
Rated one of the top 5 places to work in Atlanta, eVestment provides cloud-based technology solutions for the institutional investment markets. As a high-growth market leader, we are looking for incredibly bright, innovative talent who work well in a fast-paced team environment with the motivation to take us to the next level.
- Our platform infrastructure is hosted in AWS and described as code using a packer => terraform => chef pipeline
- Our SDLC follows a continuous integration model, using Bitbucket Server for source control (git) and Jenkins for build orchestration and pipeline automation
- Software deployments are continuous through our pre-production environments, and are performed on-demand for production by the product owners
- All new product development is being done using AWS-native services (Fargate, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.)
Why work at eVestment?
- Strong global brand and growing company. We are the industry-leading institutional investment data intelligence and analytic software provider.
- Awesome work environment: Casual dress (shorts and flip-flops), catered weekly lunches, great snacks and beverages.
- Difficult problems to solve. We create highly sophisticated institutional investment SaaS and data solutions, so we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the web and with both Microsoft and open-source technologies. Extensive new product and feature development.
- Technology-centric culture. We embrace world-class Agile engineering practices and developer-led processes and solutions. Our technologists are challenged to use the latest technology and cutting-edge techniques to ensure that our products remain the best in the industry.
- We constantly listen to customers and employees to find the best ideas and we provide the resources necessary to ensure those priorities are implemented quickly.
- Professional Growth: eVestment provides exceptional opportunities for growth and career progression. Each associate has a dedicated training budget and time off for training and certification preparation. We are a Microsoft Gold certified partner.
- Great Environment to work. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. We take extraordinarily good care of our employees and work very hard to keep them happy and productive.