Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Information Security Architect
Houston , TX 77077
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Information Security Architect
Full Time DirectHire
Location: Houston, TX
US Citizen, Permanent Resident, and TN1 Visa Only
Senior Information Security Architect Summary
The Senior Information Security Architect will be an enterprise wide technical resource and thought leader on IT security technologies and practices for implementing Security Solutions within the organization. The Architect will assist with evaluating and establishing the information security strategy and program, with responsibilities including creating strategy, policy, meeting regulatory compliance, risk identification and mitigation, security architecture and standards.
Senior Information Security Architect Responsibilities
- Acts as a technical consultant for the enterprise, ensuring security design for systems align with business needs, architecture and technical standards.
- Provides security guidance and training to IT associates, business information owners and business management.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of information security policies, standards, and procedures; and assist in resolving security policy issues and implementing security procedures.
- Works closely with the IT Directors to ensure security solution consistency with the enterprise architecture and strategy. This includes the review of detailed specifications for security systems and he associated design, scalability, completeness, quality and performance.
- Works with IT Directors to understand proper security architectural disciplines and ensure that they are applied, but also provides feedback for enhancements to the overall architecture.
- Proactively reviews and analyzes new or proposed security systems, tools and methodologies, assessing their risk and their value in support of security strategy and corporate goals.
- Provides technical expertise and guide the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security,
- Recommends and designs security controls to support the data security needs of systems being developed or acquired.
- Works directly with the IT Directors to implement and maintain security strategy and framework.
- Leads and/or teams with other internal security and/or IT professionals to monitor, investigate, and report on security events and incidents.
- Stays up-to-date on relevant security trends. Develops and maintains a network of contacts that can provide information.
- Meets with and determine business unit regulatory compliance requirements and ensure security meets expectations.
- Consults with business units on options/ideas on improving cost/approach to security.
- Assists with the development, documentation, implementation, and communication of an enterprise-wide information security strategy and policies.
- Defines and implements an overall information security architecture to address internal/external threats as well as all platforms (application, network, mobile).
- Assists with the development, implementation, and management of security controls, processes, and policies as a result of analysis, research, and recommendations.
- Leads IT security incident response to coordinate and manage resolution to current or potential threats, incidents, or vulnerabilities.
- Provides expertise and security direction to project teams to eliminate and mitigate security issues.
- Identifies infrastructure protection goals and objectives consistent with the enterprise IT security strategy.
- Conducts research and 2-5 year planning to ensure the organization is continually aware of industry security trends, and best practices to propose new technology and tools investments.
- On an ongoing basis, conducts security assessments and audits of IT's application and infrastructure portfolio to identify determine issues, weaknesses and gaps in processes and technology.
- Works with all company business units, legal, and internal/external audit.
- Advises on security training and awareness
Senior Information Security Architect Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in computer science or related technical field; plus eight years of increasingly responsible security design and implementation experience on multiple platforms; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience effectively leading security requirements gathering, design, and deployment of solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of providing strong competent technical leadership on multiple security projects, required
- Expert level technically, supplying superior security consultation to provide and support software applications, systems, and infrastructure solutions that meet business needs.
- Broad expertise in the security field's concepts, practices and procedures, as well as substantial business knowledge.
- Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of audiences, up to executive management.
- Hands-on information security experience with security architecture, network security, and/or computing platform security to include application security, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, log management/SEIM, web filtering, use of firewalls access control lists, and Computer and Network Forensics.
- Information Security Frameworks and Standards (ISO, COBIT, NIST, etc.).
- IT Security Risk and Compliance and malware prevention and detection.
- Encryption (SSL, PKI, file and session encryption), intrusion detection and/or intrusion prevention.
- CISSP required, or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.