Senior Help Desk Technician
Middletown , CT 06457
Posted 2 months ago
Join one of CTs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019's Best Places to Work! We are an expanding IT company that is recognized as one of the Inc 5000s fastest growing companies and the MSPs Top 501.
Exceptional Service. Endless Improvement. Passionate People. Honest and Forthright. These are the core values of Charles IT. We can achieve these values because of our dedicated team, who makes us one of the most successful IT companies of its kind in the region. And because of our team, we offer a level of dedication to our employees rarely found anywhere else. To prove it we encourage learning, professional development and team member input, all in a comfortable family-friendly culture.
Due to growth we are currently seeking to add a Senior Help Desk Technicianto our exceptional team. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting our clients network infrastructures in order to provide maximum performance. You will need to be outgoing, customer-service focused, a team player, organized, and detail-oriented.
What Do We Do?
To create real relationships and raving fans by implementing and supporting cutting edge technology.
- Provide first line support and troubleshooting to resolve technical issues for end users
- Support of Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Office 365/Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support of virtual environments including VMware, and Hyper-V
- Support of backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Configure, install, and support various network devices and services, including WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, & security
- Liaise with third-party vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Communicate to Customers: keep them informed of progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business Awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Maintain strong client system documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Maintain daily documentation by entering time, expenses, and all work as service tickets in ConnectWise
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in the IT field
- 2+ Years of experience in the IT field required.
- Experience with Connectwise, Cisco, Meraki, Datto, VMware, Office 365 platform a plus.
- Superior communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and function collaboratively as a member of a fast-paced, client orientated team
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenges of a growing company and client base
- Excellent follow-through to see tasks through completion
- Self-starter with the ability to perform independently with little or no supervision
- High level of organization; strong attention to detail
- Ability to pass a background check
- Current, valid US driver's license is required
Charles IT offers a competitive benefit program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401K, and bonuses. In addition, we offer free dry cleaning, a fully stocked break room, Friday team lunches, paid trainings, team-building outings every quarter, professional development and so much more!
Charles IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.