Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Senior Heat Treat Engineer
Contract Engineering Services
Colorado Springs , CO 80903
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CES is seeking a Sr. Heat Treat Engineer for our client in Colorado Springs. The Sr. Heat Treat Engineer provides engineering process solutions to resolve production problems within the Heat Treat processes. Metallurgy and process control knowledge is required to successfully evaluate and continuously improve the Heat Treat process with the goal of reducing cost of quality, operating expense, minimizing variances and increasing throughput.
Sr. Heat Treat Engineer Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide substantial engineering/technical support for the operations:
- Evaluates NCR history and identifies marginal parts
- Creates corrective actions to improve process capability and reduce cost of quality
- Participates in Heat Treat Shop MRB activity
- Conducts root causes analysis and dis-positioning deviated product in WIP
- Develops new or revise standard operating practices and department procedures
- Monitors product flow on new or marginal parts
- Evaluates and implements optimization of processes
- Direct/Instruct engineering technicians and operations personnel in the operation and improvements as required for annealing and heat treating processes to world class or six sigma quality/process control
- Partners with production management and other internal departments to provide engineering solutions.
- Works with equipment designers to develop a cost-effective and working production process of a new or existing product
- Works with customers, vendors, process support personnel and development engineering teams to ensure new product manufacturing methods are stable and capable
- Develops and documents new manufacturing methods, tooling and techniques within established equipment for new development projects
- Conduct tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy until a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully
Sr. Heat Treat Engineer Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in engineering from ABET accredited university (metallurgical engineering or material science)
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of manufacturing experience, including electrical controls experience
- Experience in metallurgical and heat treat principles with testing and sample preparation Experience in implementation of formal product development, process documentation and process control in a manufacturing or equivalent environment
- Hand tool metal working, forming, machining or metal shaping
- Certified PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Expert or Green Belt
Sr. Heat Treat Engineer Knowledge
- Hands-on ability to evaluate, trouble shoot, improve, and control equipment/processes for hot forged or cold formed product operations
- Strong experienced Six Sigma/Lean (DMAIC) skills as well as other problem solving skills, knowledge and foundation. Including statistical process control (SPC) mathematics. Ability to provide leadership in Six Sigma (DMAIC) methodology
- Ability to personally lead teams (hand on) in manufacturing or customer environment for root cause investigation and permanent corrective action for non conformances or issues of concern
- Computer skills that including; Computer Aided Design of (Solid Works, AutoCAD, NX) solid models, Minitab.