Senior Full Stack Web Developer - Clmb, INC
Basking Ridge , NJ 07920
Posted 2 weeks ago
Climb has an opening for an accomplished Senior Web Developer with full stack front end and backend expertise, knowledge of IoT communications technology and cloud services platforms, to join a small team creating innovative a health equipment and services ecosystem.
Climb is a fast-growing startup in the $50B corporate wellness industry developing a suite of products and services that reimagine employee wellness and fitness. We are a hardware and software company, pairing premium hardware design with cutting edge IoT communications and cloud services. Climb is funded by World Media Group, a very succesful developer, investor and partner in leading start-ups including Doctor.com, Lawyer.com, Scientist.com and Sweet.io.
The Lead Web Developer will be expected to advance the level of expertise of the development team, implement best practices in development, and deliver innovative technology using agile processes. The Lead Web Developer will assist in building our web.cloud and IoT technology, drawing on his/her in-depth full-stack experience. The Lead Web Developer will define implementation strategies that deliver value quickly in small increments while enabling easy adaptation for future enhancements; and delivering on that strategy with clean code easily interpreted by the team. Other responsibilities will include coordinating and prioritizing project schedules with marketing, product, and operations departments. Duties may also include selection and management of third-party contractors, negotiations with third-party service and API providers, and purchasing of required software and hardware.
The Lead Web Developer will stay up-to-date on the latest IoT technology and web technologies including MQTT, PWA and Mobile App developments, competitor services and strategies, and the business trends in our market. Where applicable, the Lead Web Developer will attend industry conferences and educational programs. The Lead Developer will architect innovative solutions to business requirements and will balance requirements of the product, marketing, operations, and finance teams. All code will be robust, reliable, well-documented and scalable. Code performance metrics will be tracked and analyzed.
Opt and H1B visa holders are welcome and we pay for visa transfers and green card applications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related majors
- Demonstrated excellence in studies, standardized tests and competitions.
- 2+ years full-time coding experience
- Understanding of IoT communications
- Ability to manage and mentor junior developers.
- Expert level back-end experience, including LAMP and Node stacks
- Experience designing complex software solutions and evaluating third-party API's
- Analytical, able to optimize diverse requirements into innovative solutions
- Passion for learning and mastering new skills
- A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
- Will follow up on critical work after hours when required.
- Enjoy fast-moving startup environment
- Positive fun inclusive personality
- Team player interested in supporting junior employees and other departments.
- Interest in business strategy and product management
- Short commute to Basking Ridge, NJ or willing to move with generous relocation package
- Masters in computer science or related field
- Experience in subscription based e-commerce business
- Understand best practices in SEO, SEM and social media
- Experience with pub sub services including Pusher, Pubnub, Firebase.
- Experience finding, hiring, training and motivating developers
- Personal website, mobile app, hardware or robotics experience
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Search Console
- Experience with big data platforms and data collection tools
- Familiarity with High Availability web and database architectures and software.
- Have used Paypal or Stripe payment API's
- Experience with DNS, CDN's, SSL, HTTP2, NGINX.
- Experience with Java, Python, Google App Engine, AWS, Git, SendGrid
- Experience with Google page speed and mobile responsiveness tools
- Experience with testing tools, Browserstack, WebPageTest, EmailonAcid, etc.
- Offshore and contractor team management experience
- Used outsourcing platforms including Guru, UpWork, Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Interest in additional management responsibilities
- Complimentary interests (musical instrument, sports, chess, poker, etc.)
- Competitive Base Salary
- Personal performance and retention bonuses
- Company wide bonuses - annual and milestone based
- Significant stock options
- Generous vacation policy including up to 5 weeks Long Service Leave
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
- Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric desks/treadmills
- Fun company events, theme Fridays, summer hours, voted a best place to work in NJ
- Subsidized continuing education, off site training courses.
- Open management structure encourages communication and feedback