Senior Front End Software Engineer (Onsite)
Detroit , MI 48201
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Detroit Labs OnSite is looking for Senior Front End React developers to join one our existing development teams. Successful applicants will be working alongside our services team to support with a large scale e-commerce web project for one of our biggest clients. You will play an important role in not only the development of software for our client, but shaping the future of their customer experience.
As a Senior Front End software engineer you will be responsible for developing custom solutions within an existing application framework. You will have the opportunity to develop, add functionality, and find ways to improve the existing code base. You will work together with your teammates to build, review, debug, and learn from each other's code. You will also help to estimate features, to successfully fulfill development commitments.
As a full time member of our OnSite team, you're part of Detroit Labs family first. Youll have access to ongoing career development, mentorship, and be a part of a great group of people who are passionate about never settling for less than their best. We prioritize your career growth by providing consistent check-ins, learning activities, yearly retros, and support through out your time to ensure you are always growing, and working on something you are passionate about.
This is a full-time salaried role for ongoing long-term projects that includes full medical and dental benefits, 401K matching, PTO, monthly team outings and more.
- 5+ years of Front end development experience
- 5+ years experience shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Experience working with and writing unit tests
- Experience with developing and deploying to cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure is preferred, but not required)
- Experience working with API/network calls (Axios is preferred, but not necessary)
- Developing new features and functionality while also looking for ways to improve existing code base
- Designing thoughtful, efficient, scalable solutions
- Debugging errors in front and back-end code
- Working with CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Working cross functionally with both internal and our external client teams
- Participating in client facing demos
- Delivering actionable, and helpful feedback consistently in pull requests and code reviews
- Willingness to mentor and pair with junior developers to introduce them to new topics, concepts, and ideas
- Collaborate with Product and Design leads to drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with other developers, engineering managers as needed
- Experience working with Azure, Kubernetes, Helm for hosting
- Experience using Mobx for state management
- Experience working with Docker
- Content Management System knowledge
- Experience working with Storybook for UI component library
- Experience using with Auth0 for user authentication
- Experience working with accessibility, and making sites that are accessible
- Experience working with Material UI design framework
This is a Full time salaried role complete with the following benefits:
- Full medical, dental, etc.
- 401k matching
- Coin and Craft yearly personal improvement budget
- Ongoing mentorship and learning opportunities
- Paid Vacation
- Monthly outings and events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Yearly Retro