Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
Rapidly innovate on the product with fail fast mindset.
Playing an integral part in architectural designs of our next-generation of frameworks.
An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks and best practices. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
Strong ability to design simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
VIEW JOBS1/16/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-16T00:00About Us
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop Machine Learning platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight platform transforms unstructured text, image, audio, and video data into customized high-quality training data to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
Figure Eight users range from engineers and data scientists to subject matter experts creating training data for machine learning. You will be working on the most important problems in technology today: how can humans and AI collaborate to solve important and sometimes complicated tasks?
As a member of our Core team you will design and build user interfaces that provide the best experience for our users, whether that's collecting and managing training data for AI models, evaluating the performance of the machine learning models used by that data, or building infrastructure for managing data pipelines. Specifically, you will work on annotation tools for 2D and 3D images, video, text, and audio annotation that combine human input (eg: bounding boxes on objects) and Machine Learning input (eg: automatic object tracking in videos). You will be on a cross-functional team collaborating with members of the Product, Machine Learning, Dev Ops, and Backend Engineering teams.
Your work will consist of implementing new features and architecture, migrating existing features from legacy applications to a modern React-based front-end stack, and fixing bugs / maintaining existing functionality. You'll mentor less experienced developers and constantly work on improving your own skills and the quality of our code-base. For more about what we build, please visit www.figure-eight.com/overview
You enjoy working on system services and infrastructure and architecting them for change & innovation. You like to work with different technologies and are passionate about learning. You take pride in designing elegant, simple solutions to challenging problems, creating quality software components, and promoting best practices for agile software development. You can work independently, take on complex problems, and enjoy mentoring less experienced developers. You are looking for a team where you can make a difference while also being challenged to improve your own skills. You have strong analytical skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting edge coding skills.
* Work on new features for combining human and machine intelligence.
* Migrate legacy systems (primarily RoR views) to React/Redux stack.
* Implement QA and testing strategies. Promote best practices for writing maintainable code.
* Design and implement the API orchestration layers for our web clients.
* Participate actively in setting standards for/innovating architecture and selecting criteria for tools/tech stack.
* Work closely with members of other development teams to ensure seamless integration between frontend and backend services.
* Be obsessive about security, quality, and performance.
* 4+ years experience developing commercial web applications.
* 2+ years experience with working with Node.js platform and tools.
* 2+ years experience with React/Redux setup.
* Experience with working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails framework would be a plus.
* Proficiency with command line and Chrome Developer Tools.
* Experience with Git, Docker, Jira, Confluence.
* Assertive "get things done" attitude.
* Experience or interest in Machine Learning. You will work closely with the team building the Machine Learning models and will be using your UX expertise to help with their research directions.
VIEW JOBS1/17/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-17T00:00Title: Front End Application Engineer<br />
Location: San Francisco (Local Candidates Only)<br />
Type: Contract<br />
The Front End Application Engineer will work within the existing Private Wealth Management Web Development team to implement new features and fix existing bugs within the PWM Web Application Framework. The engineer will be expected to communicate complex ideas, concepts, and technical subjects coherently and clearly, to a wide range of audiences. They must also demonstrate critical and abstract thinking through observing existing coding conventions, exchanging ideas, and be able to show some level of ingenuity in solving some technical/architectural issues inherent within the organization.
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Front-End Development to implement new features, and resolve existing issues.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Code Delivery</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Familiarity with Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC) best practices.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Support the technical project manager on various efforts between various IT and business groups.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Observance and enforcer of proven industry-standard processes.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Assisting with change management activities and ensuring appropriate users and technical teams are aware of upcoming changes.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Responsible for aiding support teams in answering user questions about new or existing features, data issues, and variances from other source systems, and working with other operations and development teams to resolve data issues as necessary.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Act as tertiary level support for Technical Support when necessary.</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Responsibilities include: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank. </li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Angular 2+ with Typescript</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Data Visualization</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">NodeJS and Express</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Unit Testing</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Strong command of Git</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Basic understanding RDBMS including views and stored procedures</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">SDLC and Agile/Scrum/Kanban concepts</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">BS in computer science</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Banking Industry Experience</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Knowledge of finance and asset management</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">UI or UX design</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Mulesoft API Gateway and ESB</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Loopback NodeJS framework</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Python and Flask</li>
<li style="padding: 0; margin: 0;">Redis</li>
VIEW JOBS1/14/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-14T00:00Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it's crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they're great at.
About the Role
Thumbtack is seeking a senior communications professional to lead for its world-class Communications Team. Reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing/Creative Director, the Head of Communications will establish Thumbtack as the brand that makes it easier to get more done. The Head of Communications is a central partner to the Thumbtack Founder/CEO, key spokespeople and the senior leadership team. You'll lead corporate and consumer PR on both sides of the marketplace; create and drive communication strategies that build brand love, affinity, adoption and advocacy; leverage Thumbtack's unique business and economic data to make Thumbtack the source for data on the US small business economy; partner with our legal team to support communications and crisis strategy and execution; and manage a high-performing in-house PR team in partnership with external consultants and agencies.
* Build brand love by refining and evolving our approach to telling the Thumbtack story through and to the media.
* Actively manage our reputation by defining our messaging strategy and tactics to make Thumbtack the industry leader in the local services marketplace sector. You'll leverage our platform data to tell stories about our pros and the small business economy, positioning the company and spokespeople as thought leaders in conversations around the future of work and small business advocacy.
* Inspire company pride by acting as a key company storyteller to many of our most important external constituencies, including media, bloggers and influencers. Build lasting, productive relationships with the media for Thumbtack.
* Make our pros champions of the Thumbtack brand by helping with local event creation that supports key business objectives and results in editorial coverage.
* Lead by example: Partner with key agencies and vendors to develop quarterly plans and drive their execution. Track their impact and reinforce our culture of achievement and accountability. Tell stories of skilled local professionals throughout the United States who start, grow and maintain their small businesses on Thumbtack.
* 12+ years of work experience in business and consumer public relations, preferably with significant experience on an in-house communications team
* Experience placing stories at top-tier national print and broadcast media outlets; corporate and consumer
* Experience managing crisis communications at a recognized national or global technology company
* Demonstrated success developing media programs, placing coverage, measuring results and optimizing programs
* Proven ability to drive key messages through inspiring and differentiated communication programs
* Existing relationships with key journalists in tech and business media with capacity to build trust with journalists across all media segments as programs demand
* Experience managing PR agencies and/or contractors
* Event management experience a plus
* Bachelor's degree or higher
Key skills required:
* Results driven, strategic execution
* Define and deliver programs that drive awareness and relevance and reinforce the brand
* Demonstrated capacity to self-motivate and drive a high volume of programs on your own and through partnerships with cross-functional teams and contractors
* Identify metrics to track and measure the impact of PR efforts and optimize priorities, programs and plans accordingly
* Exceptional Media Relationships and Networking Skills
* Established relationships with media in the tech/biz space
* Demonstrated ability to develop narratives to keep our company in the conversation
* Creative approaches to drive communication with the next level of media at scale
* An Inspiring Leader with an Affinity for Our Mission
* Proven success driving cross-functional teams to quality results
* Ability to manage team members with disparate skill sets
* Willing to move fast and define objectives, strategies and tasks without waiting for top-down direction, but also able to optimize based on feedback from manager and team
* Strong track record of driving and landing top-tier coverage
* Good understanding of agency relationships and proven ability to maximize value from retained agencies/contractors
* Understands the art of the short-term compromise for the long-term gain - whether in partnering with other teams or in balancing priorities and resources within our own team
* Exceptional written and verbal communicator who is adept at framing, positioning and influencing
* Viewed as a trusted advisor to senior leadership
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment; relishes the opportunity to define work
* Passionate, mission-driven and inspiring brand advocate
* Highly results-oriented and driven
* Bold creative thinker; takes risk and challenges assumptions
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.