Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch and long-term ownership.
Build delightful, usable, and accessible interfaces for a global user base.
Rapidly innovate on the product with fail fast mindset.
Playing an integral part in architectural designs of our next-generation of frameworks.
An appetite to dive in and understand all the nuances of front-end infrastructure too. Work with other developers to advance UI frameworks and best practices. We aspire to make front-end development easier, faster, and better for everyone at Coursera!
4+ years of experience in a relevant software engineering role
Strong ability to design simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
Experience with implementing responsive web designs and writing unit and integration tests is a plus
Fervent belief in engineering quality and building technical leverage for others
Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment (we deploy many times a day!)
VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-30T00:00In this role you will be working with a highly talented team of engineers to help take our product to the next level. This is your chance to share your work with a worldwide community of nearly 50 million monthly unique users.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will actively participate in the design, development, and delivery of user-facing features for Glassdoor's web products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating high-quality user experience working closely with our skilled product owners, UI/UX designers and talented team of engineers.
As a growing, late-stage startup, we look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises. In this role you work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
* 4+ years building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility web sites
* Proficiency in ReactJS and NodeJS
* Proficiency building responsive web applications
* Experience developing server-side MVC applications, ideally Java/Spring based
* Experience building products for international audiences and Search Engine Optimization best practices and techniques
* Continual learning of emerging technologies/industry trends
* Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
* Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
* Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
* 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
* Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
* Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
* Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
* Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
* Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
VIEW JOBS11/1/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-30T00:00It's an exciting time to come aboard Research Now SSI! We're growing and shifting gears as we leverage our maturity and profitability to build a start-up culture around several new and exciting product lines. We are seeking a passionate and effective Front-End Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will join a strong and energetic Agile team utilizing the latest in cutting edge technology to make a measurable and visible impact on our organization.
The Software Engineer is a solid, positive, and innovative individual who thrives in a group with a small-team but big-ideas mentality. You will get an opportunity to build exciting new products and allow you to thrive in a culture that supports you and promotes your career growth.
* Design and implement rich user experiences
* Communicate effectively with your team on domain, design, coding, and architectural approaches
* Author and curate technical documentation to support delivery, maintenance, adoption (i.e. technical requirements, user guides, etc.)
* Design and develop automated deployment and maintenance mechanisms
* Prepare for and provide regular demonstrations on approaches and deliverables within and without the engineering team
* Prepare and give demos as needed
* Share and receive insights, interacting with team members towards a common goal
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
* 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
* Familiarity in a server-side language is a plus, we use Scala, Java, Ruby
* Strong aptitude for writing efficient code and delighting users with best in class UX
* Proficient in HTTP, web services and Restful API's
* Experience with testing, version control and build tools is a plus
Research Now is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
Peanut LabsSan FranciscoCA